cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

I found some mirrors and they have caused me a lot of trouble at the store. Lol. 

First, I never realized mirrors were so expensive. Seriously. 

A couple of weeks ago, I got over to the mirror section of the store and I pulled the rectangle mirror to me and saw the name of the store on the back and tried to Google it when this woman comes over, so I think that she is trying to pass me and I say, 

"Are you trying to get around?"

She says she is trying to get the mirror I just had touched. So, I told her I was planning on purchasing the mirror. She goes around the gwo screaming that she thinks it is so unfair that employees are allowed to shop in the store. I am not an employee. Lol. The employees tell her they are not shopping. It was a mess.  This couple feels so bad for me that the husband puts it in my car. I never before drove the driver seat so close to the steering wheel and kept reminding myself that I can't put the seat back. This mirror took my whole back seat. 

Someone offered me $10 for the circle mirror. I paid $5 for the circle and $7 for the rectangle. 

I got this beautiful 14k gold bracelet with gemstones (at least it is beautiful to me lol). The legos man wanted to buy the bracelet, then later he found a Gucci bag he wanted to trade it for. Very nice, current Gucci bag, authentic. Then he told me he agrees with my mom and professor i am not studying. Dang. Got lots of sterling, two Gucci watches, too. There is a new vendor at the flea. He sold the Gucci watches for $3 a piece. Thereal has them listed for $300-400 a piece.

I will show both mirrors. I miss you ladies. 

Just found out today a lot more people are planning on coming to my gwo because that lady taking pictures has been telling everyone.  Well they do have nice stuff at the gwos.

Finally sent my bf's brother all the stuff I got for him at the gwo. Two Under Armor jackets, two puffy North Face vests, a North FACE jacket and the cologne samples. I estimate about $900. I paid about $25 for the clothing and I paid for shipping, too. He will make it up to me some sort of way. I am sure. ♡♡♡ I was just glad to get it for him because my rus friend she grabs the same size clothing for her son. Lol.

My father's sister was so surprised that I had so much nice stuff. But I told her when I send her stuff to NC I don't send her junk. I send her stuff I would want for myself, so of course I have nice stuff. I wouldn't want someone to say, "2good got that from the ts." I want then say, " 2good has nice things."

Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 16 of 416
latest reply

@gogoproductions  2good ... I have a wall in my bedroom full of mirrors... My room is decorated morrocan style and the mirrors are all hues of gold 🙂

When I was studying for my  test I used to  record the stuff and play it  over and over and over.

Every where I went I was listening  to the tapes 🙂 It took several tries for me to pass that test 🙂

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 17 of 416
latest reply

Thank you Shopping. I welcome all study tips about this test. My mom, my tutor and my professor believes in me. I promised my mom and my professor I wouldn't be on social media until I pass my test, but it is hard because I miss you ladies. You are all so nice to me. My professor was saying the other day that normally the university has problems with students passing Praxis core, but I passed that one. ETS said last week that I am very close. The last time I took the test I ran out of time and did not answer a question. I thought I was going to cry. My tutor said the worst thing I could do was stop taking it because I will pass after so many times of taking it because our brain unintentionally records information. It is what ETS wants us to do, my tutor says. Just get so frustrated that we refuse to take it again.
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 18 of 416
latest reply

I definitely aspire Shoppingmom2 to be an expert in my subject area. My tutor says that these tests are not designed to pass the first few times of taking them. I want to be an expert in this content like someone is an expert in authenticating designer items and I am still am amateur in that as well. Lol. Some people might agree or disagree and say I know what I am talking about with luxury items, but I can always improve. We can always improve on everything. If you come into this profession I am studying, administration will tell you after an evaluation you can make improvements. I was telling my mom the other day, I remember years ago someone thought they had bought a fake Prada bag and they posted pictures of it here and I told them I knew the seller and they purchased the handbag at Saks in Aberdeen, then a third username appeared and said, "If 2good said it is authentic, it is authentic." I was like, wow. The pid/username/lurker, I forgOT who you are, but I thought that was so nice. Because they weren't saying it to be mean or snarky, but it was like they were saying, ' end of discussion' or 'let's move to the next item.' I didn't know this person, but they were confident I knew my stuff. I want to get like that with my content area and I will.
This past Saturday I was at the flea and I saw these earrings and the way they were cut, I believed them to be 14k, but I could not find the markings. When I got to my car, I still could not find the marking, I took them to my rus friend and she said she was confident they were gold. Finally after two hours, I saw the 14k mark on these earrings. I paid $1. My point is my rus friend was confident without finding a mark. I learn a lot from her. She has said to me that she learned at an early age how to save money when she realized she could not depend on anyone, but herself. My mother says the same thing. ♡♡♡
Message 19 of 416
latest reply

Good morning! Sun's up!

Hi Olive, thanks for the info---hope to look at that this weekend if I have a chance.  Company coming on Wednesday for a week, so depends on how much I get done!

Hi 2good!  Great finds on the mirrors, they're good looking.   Agree with what you said---if you're going to give away your finds to family and friends, they should be nice things.   Yes, it's wonderful to be an expert---you'll get there!  It's all about persistence and knowing what you want.

Hi Patty!  Have any new cruises on the horizon?

Hugs to all!

Message 20 of 416
latest reply

Thank you, Lady B.
I can see me using the rectangle one in my living room and the circle one in my dining room. But for right now they are all wrapped up in storage.

That couple at the flea sold a 8 pc dining set for $1400 and sells gold, silver, diamonds and jade for a couple of dollars. Lol. I am sorry to make fun of them, but they are not nice people. Even my rus friend calls them stupid and she has never met them, either.
Message 21 of 416
latest reply

@bsbk13 not one soon but I have a Vegas trip and a California trip 🙂

@gogoproductions  I think of you as an expert especially when it comes to Hermes, Chanel and Burberry... with the  gold you will get the confidence soon enough 🙂

When I was taking my boards exams  for certification ( took them several times) the one that scared me the most was the one that was in front of a panel of 5 experts in the field.... that  was extremely hard as they were asking you questions on study cases and  how  you would handle them.... and there were several correct answers!

I took a class on meditiation and positive thinking to help me pass those tests ! 🙂

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 22 of 416
latest reply

Yes, Shoppingmom2 the only way to make it through these trials is to remain positive.
Message 23 of 416
latest reply

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well (health and selling).  I've been thinking about selling globally again.  I was wondering if anyone used Ebay's global shipping or if they just shipped globally themselves.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

Debbie

Debbie
Message 24 of 416
latest reply

HI Debbie,

I offer International Shipping, but I limit where I will ship. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, England and most of Northern Europe are wonderful places to ship. I've had very minimal problems with these countries. I've had packages lost when shipping to Brazil, Mexico, France & Italy so I block these countries as well as most all countries in Africa. Basicly any country Shipsaver Insurance won't insure I won't ship to.  Now I sell mostly clothes, so my experience may be different than other sellers who sell different genres. A great majority of my overseas shipments are concert t-shirts and Hip Hop related clothing.

I have tried GSP before. GSP is great for sellers as once you ship to Kentucky your job is done. eBay takes responsibility from there. The downside of GSP is the cost for the buyers. eBay lumps together shipping costs AND customs fees. Sometimes these fees are not usually collected by the country of destination. So I have had buyers complain and beg me to ship myself. If they live in a country that I don't exclude, I usually change the listing to self shipping. And if the buyer has a strong feedback history I will consider bending my own rules.

Hope this helps. Accurate-Eye

Message 25 of 416
latest reply

Sorry, having troubles with posting.

Message 26 of 416
latest reply

I posted my entry to the shipping supplies contest. And I see Patty has too! 😄

Greeeeeennn Dust!!!

Message 27 of 416
latest reply

Thank you Accurate-eye.  I think I will just ship myself.  I wanted to get some opinions on GSP to see if that was a better option.  I shipped globally up until a couple of years ago and I didn't have any problems except for a few incidents which I believe were to the countries that you mentioned that have issues with lost packages.  I will just have to make sure I just block all the countries that I'm not comfortable shipping to.

Debbie
Message 28 of 416
latest reply

Hi!

Hope your week has been great!

I can not complaint.

Well, I'll be working on my inventory this weekend again.

It is such a slow process.

But I know it is gonna make such a big difference.

I am looking for at least 5 Tucson,Arizona newspapers.They can be old or new.

My oldest DS needs them for a play he is doing in August.I search over here but most are for a specific event and not fron Tucson area.And kind of expensive.

My oldest DS is gonna try other venues.I just got the newspaper phone #

I hope they sell me some without subscription.

I ordered the Ebay Shipping.Got me some Stickers!

Red -GSP Global Shipping Program is a really great Program.If you pack and ship your item the right way.Once it gets to Kentucky you are all set.

OK,Cleaning Day for me!

All the Best,

HAPPY SALES!

Message 29 of 416
latest reply

Today, I found a book at the ts that cost $200 on the river. I paid less than $1. It's for me. Tutor said it is critical for degree. Thank you Jesus.
Message 30 of 416
latest reply