cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chargeback

I recently sold a Magnavox VCR/DVD Recorder combo.

I had offers turned off on my listing so this buyer messaged me offering me substantially less than my listed price.  I replied no, I wasn't accepting offers.  After messaging me one or two more times,  he purchased the unit at the listed price.  

Immediately upon receipt of the unit, he messaged me wanting half his money back because the manual I included with the item wasn't original.  Here is what I had under..

ITEM DESCRIPTION FROM SELLER

Magnavox ZV427MG9 VCR/DVD Recorder Combo, Remote, Various Cables, DVD+R, Manual

Included are;

Owner's Manual (Copy)

Component RCA Cable - 1

Audio RCA Cable (L/R) - 1

Video RCA Cable - 1

S-Video Cable - 1

RF Coaxial Cable - 1

HDMI Cable - 1

3 pack DVD+R - 1

2 AA Batteries

This unit not only plays back DVD, CD and VCR but also offers features for you to record on DVD and edit them after that. The following features are offered with this unit.

Recording on both DVD and VCR with editing capabilities on DVDs

Compatible with most systems to enable a home theater experience.

Progressive scan to enhance older recordings.

Item is in excellent pre-owned condition. Tested thoroughly and functioning properly. The battery cover is missing from the remote.

Is this not clear?  

He then claimed damage but when I asked for pictures he said he had no means to take pictures...even though he had already included pictures of himself with his messages,  I don't understand this maybe it was an attempt to intimidate me??

Now, he has filed a chargeback and Ebay has closed the return as a result.

I have only been selling for less than a year and I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Chuck

Brandi and Chucks Eclecticollection

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

chargeback

Just for clarification, did they close in the buyer's favor without needing a return?

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 2
latest reply