cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which laptop should I buy?

I’ve been listing all my items for auction with this mini iPad, and it’s gettig a bit challenging at times. I’m thinking about getting a laptop but I don’t need a fancy expensive one that does fifty million things. Just one that is fast and easy to use. I’ll probably just use it at home for eBay listing, not much else. Any tips on which to buy? And how much to expect to pay?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@two-sewing-peacocks

Pretty much any laptop will be great for eBay listings. It doesn't have a lot of power or memory requirements. I would recommend getting an external hard drive and using it to back up all of your pictures and descriptions, and your spreadsheet or whatever you use to keep your business records.

In my experience, speed is much more a function of your internet connection than your device, these days. I have a powerful laptop, used for number-crunching programs. It is very fast on the internet when it has a fast connection. When I use the same laptop at home (very slow connection) then the laptop is slow.

I would get a machine running Windows 10. But that's what I'm experienced with.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Check out the $300 range laptops that Best Buy sells.  They should be fast enough to meet your needs.  From there you can decide if you want to pay a little more or less depending on features you need/don't need.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Self insert ad here lol. Im selling one of the latest HP spectres on my store if you want to check it out. It should suit you well for a long time

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Best Buy online great deals,  100%% look at reviews before ur purchase..

Good luk   Sigs70

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@two-sewing-peacocks wrote:

I’ve been listing all my items for auction with this mini iPad, and it’s gettig a bit challenging at times. I’m thinking about getting a laptop but I don’t need a fancy expensive one that does fifty million things. Just one that is fast and easy to use. I’ll probably just use it at home for eBay listing, not much else. Any tips on which to buy? And how much to expect to pay?

I bought an Acer Aspire from Ebay not too long ago. It does everything I need it to and has a Cd/Dvd drive on it. All this for under $200. Read reviews before buying and ask questions before buying,

Keep in mind you will also need a reliable printer as well if you don't already have one. Good luck to you.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@two-sewing-peacocks

Pretty much any laptop will be great for eBay listings. It doesn't have a lot of power or memory requirements. I would recommend getting an external hard drive and using it to back up all of your pictures and descriptions, and your spreadsheet or whatever you use to keep your business records.

In my experience, speed is much more a function of your internet connection than your device, these days. I have a powerful laptop, used for number-crunching programs. It is very fast on the internet when it has a fast connection. When I use the same laptop at home (very slow connection) then the laptop is slow.

I would get a machine running Windows 10. But that's what I'm experienced with.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply