cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reciever

I bought a Technics Reciever off of EBay about 5 to 6 months ago. It is a Lemon & I haven’t left anything about the Seller for rating yet. I put $500.00 in it trying to get it Repaired. And I finally had to say it can’t be fixed up to Run. It was Technics Big Daddy 4-Channel Reciever, Quad. I couldn’t fix it up myself. This was the Dirtiest Reciever I ever got ever. The Buyer lied to me said all the Bulb’s worked was the biggest lie’s. The 1st thing the dial String broke as soon as I turned it. All 9 Bulbs on top of Dial Len’s were all burned out. And 2 bulb’s were out on bottom of Dial Len’s. 

Now we come to the Dirt it took hour’s & Hour’s to clean the inside of Reciever out. There was even a piece of Insulation on inside the Red type. So now what can I do? I put $500.00 in it for Repair & have nothing to show for it!!

the Power Switch was 1/2 out the Light was burned out & it was retired with a Reley not Factory done. I have the Service Manual. So now what can I legelly do? All the Circuit boards had to be cleaned one part after another the board’s were solid Oily Board’s. What can I do now? I’m very upset over this.

can anyone advise me on what to do now?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Reciever

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
How much did you pay for the receiver? was shipping included? Sounds like you bought a "For Repair Parts Only" even so the seller still has description obligations to meet.

First, you only had 30 days from delivery to open a SNAD using the eBay money back guarantee but once you tried to repair or modify the item that nullified any eBay warranty. Too bad because the seller would have had to pay return shipping if it was shown he heavily misrepresented the item.

A PayPal SNAD can be opened 180 days from actual purchase date but you would have to pay return shipping with online tracking - not sure how they'll feel about you trying to repair it though.

As far as the bulbs go those may have worked but the filaments might have got jolted in shipping and broke, the tuner string is quite common to rot and break at a moments notice, not as hardy as the leather bands they used in the 30's.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply