cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for WWF No Mercy

Hello Buyers & Sellers,

I hope everyone's doing good! I have a question that I want to ask you all on here; I've tried asking this question around, but I've gotten no help so far 😞 On August 12th & 13th, I attended my local Retro Gaming Expo where I bought a Classic Pikachu N64 system. One of the games that I got at that expo was "WWF No Mercy." Early in the past week, I unlocked Mick Foley, Andre The Giant, Mae Young, Shane McMahon, Shawn Michaels, and Ken Shamrock - HOWEVER, after I saved the game and eventually I turned it back on, all of my unlocked wrestlers & shop moves I bought on the "Smackdown Mall" got deleted!!!

I've done research about the erase data glitch that plagued 90% - 95% of the cartridges around 2000 - 2001; is there a 100% guarantee that if I'm able to find a copy of "WWF No Mercy" on the internet that has the "NUS-NW4E-USA-1" product code on the front of the cartridge, rather than "NUS-NW4E-USA", that the fixed cartridge (NUS-NW4E-USA-1) will keep all of my saved data?

The reason why I ask this, is because I thought I've bumped into comments online that have said the fixed cartridge still has the erase data glitch. If that's the case, is there any device out there that can help me keep my data like a GameShark, Game Genie, Controller Pak, or 3rd party memory card like - (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Utns8K6Dfos/maxresdefault.jpg) With the Controller Pak, it seems like it only lets you moved saved CAWs from the Game Pak to the Controller Pak; unfortunately, it doesn't let you moved saved data (unlocking characters & items, assigning Viscera as WWF Champ for example, Undertaker as IC Champ, etc) and this doesn't help considering I can't back up my save.

If anyone out there can please give me some replies on here, it would be 100% appreciated; I feel like the only copies that are available on the internet are the "NUS-NW4E-USA" 😞 Here on eBay, it seems that every single "Detailed Item Info" description of "WWF No Mercy" automatically states the MPN as "NUS-NW4E-USA-1" EVEN when the cartridge is actually "NUS-NW4E-USA."

Thanks So Much,

kmSlick7

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBAY NEEDS TO FIX THIS. this is the version we wantthis is the version we wantincorrect "easy to find" versionincorrect "easy to find" version

The holy grail of wrestling games the fabled "nus-nw4e-usa-1" doesnt exist on ebay because all the labels for the cart automaticlly update to this (-1) when that isn't what it says on the cartridge. I've been searching for this version of the cart for 2 years now.  I wish EBAY would fix this issue.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

After searching eBay and local game stores for years, I finally located a "-1" copy on eBay back in April 2017. Fortunately the seller used pics of the actual cartridge instead of stock photos so it wasn't difficult to decipher that it was indeed a "glitch free" copy.  I'm assuming they didn't know what they had since there was no mention of it in the description.

This has got to be one of the rarest (if not THE rarest) n64 games out there.  It's extremely hard to find, the process of obtaining one was time consuming, and THQ is now out of business. 

I'm also very familiar with the glitch itself. I've experienced it several times on my original copy so I can verify that the "-1" copy does fix the problem. 

I wish you the best of luck trying to find a copy. I would recommend looking at each listing's pics and messaging sellers if they are using stock photos or if it's hard to read.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply