cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED A GOOD PC MAGAZINE IN PRINT FORMAT.

My neighbor wanted a subscription to PC Magazine.  It has not been available in a print format since 2009.  Is there another good magazine similar to PC Mag that is available in print?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
I haven't subscribed since the '90s when I got aol... any idea why he wants a paper rag?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

He is 86 years old and does not do computers or smart phones.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It depends on what you mean by a "good" magazine.  I am going on 70 & have always loved electronics and magazines.  I go to thrift stores to try to buy magazines ( tough as most don't carry them).  Same with digital and paper magazines of all kinds.   I 2 am a bit old school as I love magazines ( say for the toilet reading or table reading etc).  Do a search on Amazon and at this site: Zinio - https://www.zinio.com/

The sad thing is eBay would be a great site to buy a year's worth of the magazines, but most sellers have no clue and forget to offer shipping via Media Rates which are dirt cheap. Instead it would cost him $4-$10 per issue.   Again I get the old school paper thing, but maybe a Kindle or table reader with a digital subscription for $5-$10 a year.  As to great mags I liked over the years  ( all digital now except Maximum PC which is like $50 a year for paper copies)  PC World, PC Mag, Maximum PC ( Hobby mag on mainly equipment and software) and Computer Shopper.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply