cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC250 info

Just curious - on the MC250 power amplifier, how much drift in specs might one expect over time?  Values of capacitors drift over time as the electrolytics deteriorate, but I’m not clear as to how much, if it’s even significant.  I will accept calls as well. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

MC250 info

This is a public board-your phone number is not safe,it is open to harvesting by spammer/scammers.May want to remove it

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

MC250 info

This is a public board-your phone number is not safe,it is open to harvesting by spammer/scammers.May want to remove it

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

MC250 info

The MC250 is old enough that you could consider it in need of a checkup. Electrolytics dry up.. they don't necessarily "drift," they just go bad. The 'lytics in the MC250 are part of the power supply, and they're designed to be much larger than needed, so the deterioration is usually not very noticeable, but especially if you've got expensive tubes in them, it's worth having a tech make sure they're still up to spec. 

Capacitors are much cheaper to replace than tubes or transformers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

MC250 info

repairelectronics
Trailblazer

I can't believe I missed this thread, yes you should re-cap, needed or not. Get them from Digikey or Mouser, not from a china seller.

I just re-capped a 1982 Carver M500T for no other reason than I knew it had to be done sooner or later. Still sounds the same but feel good about it as I'm not jamming ripple into the outputs.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply