cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering by seller's country?

A lot of electronics are cheap and sold by Chinese sellers, and tend to be of lower quality. But they are in a huge quantity. This means you need to sort through a bunch of Chinese stuff to find something sold by a US or other non-Chinese seller. It used to be you could use the filter for US Only on the "item location", but that doesn't work anymore. Too many people used this to block Chinese items from appearing when they searched, so Chinese sellers started teaming up with people in the US to store their goods here in warehouses in the US and then shipping from these warehouses. Such items bypass the US Only item location filter, but they are still cheap Chinese junk that breaks easily. However, the sellers themselves still registry their seller account on eBay as a Chinese seller (as required when creating an account, you must provide your country of residence). So Chinese sellers MUST register as in fact a Chinese sellers (not American, or British, or Japanese, etc).

So if I could find some way to filter search results by the country of the seller (not the country the item is located in), that would be great, and guaranty that I could make sure to never accidentally end up buying a cheap Chinese electronic product. Unfortunately, I can't find such a filter. I can ONLY find one that filters by the item's location, not the seller's location.

If somebody here can point me to a way to filter by seller's country, that would be great.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Filtering by seller's country?

Hi benhut321,

If you're concerned with the authenticity of a product, a workaround to this would to be filter by "Authenticity Verified" or "Authorized Seller". Of course, with either of these filters turned on, much fewer stuff are shown but you'll get piece of mind that they are from legitimate sources or legitimate products. 

We hope this information will help you make a more informed decision on your home needs.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply