cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake chinese SSD drives

E-Bay is accused by many reviewers (customers giving feedback) that allows chinese scammers selling fake "2TB SSD". These SSD's are remapped 120GB drives but If anyone tries to write more data, the disk crushes and locks.  As for the poor customers if they do not attempt to write more than 120GB of data within 30 days after delivery (so they can find out the fraud in time) they simply lose their money. I personally was fully refunded (after endless e-mails and ridiculus claims from the seller) but the ugly truth is that the seller had my money at interest for 1.5 month. Since e-Bay is aware of these scams and still let the scammers sell, it is reasonable to assume that becomes part to this fraud. This event is trully sad and I don't think that any potential profit worths the consequent loss of credibility 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fake chinese SSD drives

I will not order anything from China anymore. I got burnt 4 times so far. Two times with fake laptops that I got my money back. One time fake ssd drive that I got my money back. This ssd drive that I got so far having a terrible time to convince China that this ssd drive is fake. It won't even hold 64Gb when it is suppose to be 16TB. As a result people are going to stop buying from Ebay if this keeps up.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fake chinese SSD drives

You, the buyer, have the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

You do not have to convince the seller, eBay or anyone else that what you received is not as described.  

All you need to do is open an item not as described case within 30 days of delivery with eBay.

Are you not doing that?  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fake chinese SSD drives

FAKE CHINA SSD DRIVES. SCAM SELLER. DO NOT BUY. NOT TB SDD DRIVES HAS 64MB MICROSD INSIDE. DRIVE CONTROLLER SPOOFS THE OS. CORRUPTS DATA. DATA LOSS.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fake chinese SSD drives

I came to here as i am looking to upgrade my ssd i have with my series x. I previously order a ssd from here. It was fake. I proved this, in my back and forth with the seller for a 2tb drive. It wasnt even 200mb. Ebay where useless, are a kind to this fraud.

I did how ever manage to get a good price on 3 different for 1tb drives of the same manufacture from here, that actually work. But they came locally in the uk. 

I got my 2tb drives from amazon and my memory. I just couldnt be bothered with the hassel of it all.

Can still see, ebay is allowing fakes and fraudulent claims to operate on its platform

Message 5 of 5
latest reply