cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer attempted to alter product and failed, now forcing return

First let me explain that video cards are sold as being either PC or Mac compatible. The difference is in firmware. Macintosh cards cost much more.

A buyer attempted to modify a PC video card I sold to make it a Macintosh-compatible card. The modification failed.
Upon further examination of the buyer's feedback, I found out that he/she modifies cards for a living. And when he/she breaks the card or it doesn't work, he/she forces a return.

The secondary problem is that he/she chose such an expensive shipping method that the return would overdraft my account.

So, I probably need advice on legal action I can take. Maybe it's a good thing that I have family in the buyer's neighborhood 😉

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer attempted to alter product and failed, now forcing return

This is super scummy mate. I would definitley side with you, The customer if they do this "Professionally or for income" Willingly bought a product that they believed they had the ability to change. To flash firmware on the card to allow it to be used by a Mac.

(Which we're not going to get on that subject because only certain cards are made to be flashable and used with mac.)

A they bought a working as described item, which was marked used, then used it. They fullfilled their side of the purchase agreement when they used the card (to convert it). If persay their case prevented them from inserting the card or perhaps they lacked the knowledge of power supply requirements that would be a different situation. But they failed at flashing their card. I would pursue legal action.

Supposing this is the case

Message 2 of 2
latest reply