cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Barbie brush and comb set

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone knows when this Barbie comb and brush came out? I have searched high and low but I can't seem to find one that is the same. Any information will be helpful. The dimensions are the brush is approximately 3 inches long and 1 inch wide at the widest point. The comb is 1  1/2 inches long and 3/4 inches wide. The comb slides right into the back of the brush.SAM_6928.JPGSAM_6929.JPGSAM_6930.JPGSAM_6931.JPG 

TIA

Ellen

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The brush is too big to be a Barbie item. It was originally for a bigger doll.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

It is a Barbie Brush and Comb. It has Barbie written on both items. I will see if I can add a couple of more photo's that shows Barbie on them.SAM_7260.JPGSAM_7263.JPG

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You may have difficulty pinpointing exactly which Barbie/Barbie set for fashion that came off of.   I think some of the Fashionistas are sold with brushes and combs and yours looks fairly modern.  Maybe try looking at some of those?   If you are wanting to find out to list it, I would just list it as a Barbie accessory. 

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I would maybe look at the 18" Barbies that were made for a short time. If the dimensions you've given are correct, I still say this is too big for a standard 11 1/2" Barbie. Three inches is more than 1/4 of the doll's height, which would mean poor Barbie would need a few able-bodied assistants just to brush her hair!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks. I came across this in some of the Barbie items I have and could not figure out which Barbie it originally came with. I have looked and could not figure it out. I am not selling it at this point maybe in the future.

Thanks

Ellen

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

LOL. I looked at the B in Barbie and compared it to the chart that they have for clothing. The B on these look like they might be from the 1990's. I thought maybe it might the My Size Barbie. What do you think? Here is another photo of Brushes.SAM_7392.JPG

Barbie probably does have enough money to have one assistant per strand of hair. LOL

Thanks

Ellen

Message 7 of 7
latest reply