cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID antique bisque doll marked only 62. 10.

Hi,

I recently came across this lovely girl. Her only markings are 62. 10. She has a blonde mohair wig that I'm not sure is original, although it's definitely vintage, and gorgeous blue paperweight set eyes. I also don't know if her eyes are original since I'd have to pry off the wig to look inside her head and it's glued on pretty well. Her eyes are a bit crooked. Her features are nicely painted with multi stroke eyebrows and lined lips. She is around 18 inches tall.

Any ideas?IMG_0959.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0965.JPG

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

To me it looks like there is a faint impression of a letter above the 6 and a little to the left.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the spot under a bright light and I can't see any other markings. There is a faint vertical line in the bisque but it looks to be just a part of the texture of the head. There are some shadows in the picture from her hair so that might be what you are seeing. I took another picture with her hair out of the way.

IMG_0967.JPG

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

One book identifies the number 62 as an unknown German bisque.  The only other 62 is on a Dolly Princess Special that's also marked with made in Germany.  It looks like the dolls back is marked with an A something and Germany. Is that just the way the light hits it or am I seeing things again. lol

Message 4 of 4
latest reply