cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madame Alexander doll spots on legs

I am selling some dolls for my sister and found this Madame Alexander doll from 1993 that has these spots only on her legs. They won’t wash off and also appear to be thru the rubber or plastic & some surface. Everything else on her is perfect! Could it be some sort of mold? 
She’s a 37004 Christmas Taffeta 14”.

24A1B21C-276E-4501-9415-86EF05FED51B.jpeg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi maidenleap.

I seem to recall something about Cabbage Patch Dolls getting those "pocks" on their faces. (the same time frame) I don't think they are removeable, and if I recall right, make sure you separate the doll from other dolls - it may transfer. No rhyme or reason why some get that, and others don't.

I don't think I would sell her, but you would probably get some money out of selling her clothes and shoes.

Sorry. not much good news.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would sell the clothes separately & sell her low as is or give her away. 

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Great blog about "dolly illnesses."

http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=323428.0

Photobucket

stop whining, I think it's killing the honeybees ...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

the below talks of tips which oxy creme  works the best cosmetically but basically the dolls plastic is rotting & my personal experience with hard plastic older dolls is to be honest & turn them over to someone that want to experiment on them. 

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What do is salvage the clothes and if possible remove the head.  The rest is trash.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I also have a 1993 Madame Alexander doll that has the exact same spots on them does anybody know if it is mold or if it was made that way thanks in advance

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I never really got any answer as to what it was. I’m sure there is a doll repair place that could replace her spotty limbs, but I just put her back in the box and she’s fits on a shelf in the closet. I don’t have the heart to throw her out😢

Message 8 of 8
latest reply