cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever seen an antique doll that looks like this?

I bought this antique doll from a thrift store.  I have looked just about everywhere, trying to find a doll that looks similar to her. Her head, legs and arms are all jointed and she is entirely bisque, including her hair. She has, what looks like a "BW" printed on the back of her neck, but no other markings.  Has anybody ever saw a doll similar to her or know what kind of doll she is? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome, blondebomb11, it is a good quality reproduction.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your doll appears to be Scootles by Rose O'Neill, however, I believe your doll is a reproduction, rather than the original antique doll. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Your doll is a reproduction of an antique doll. Probably from the 1990's. My mother taught ceramics and as I recall she had this mould in a smaller size.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

OP, you have this item listed as a rare, antique doll, it is NOT rare or antique.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@mouseshy wrote:

OP, you have this item listed as a rare, antique doll, it is NOT rare or antique.

@blondebomb11    this @ tag will send a message to the OP.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

definitely and thought when you put this would be an end to this: this is probably from the late 80s as many classes were put forth for people t make these and other repercussions from molds.

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I finally answered Mouseshy and as I thought you would listen to her,didn't chime in when you posted this,  but you didn't and will put this up: you need  to change the title as i can guarantee regardless of the low price if enough people have reported and turned you in not only will the listing get pulled but you can get suspended because you got on the doll board first and asked and were honestly answered. Anyone could look at this and realize it was from the late 80s at earliest. I thought a reproduction of a Gerbers baby but could be a Rose doll 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

She looks like one of the Campbell soup kids but not enough like a kewpie doll.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

that too

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I am sorry, but I did not receive a "response to your post"  link from Ebay, until today. No need to be so rude.  I simply asked a question so I could change my listing, if need be.  I appreciate all of the answers.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you. I appreciate the information.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you. She looks a lot like a Scooties doll. She doesn't have  "Scooties" or "Rose O'Neil" engraved on the bottoms of her feet, so she has to be a reproduction. I really appreciate your answer. It helped a lot. I am going to keep her. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You're welcome, blondebomb11, it is a good quality reproduction.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply