cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giocattoli Galetti Pinocchio doll

I’ve got a Giocattoli Galetti Pinocchio doll that basically I want to sell and I don’t know anything about it. I know it’s made in italy as the sticker is still intact. I was wondering if anyone had any information on it, like age or worth. The only pic it will let me attach is the one of the sticker, but the doll is 49” tall and has an interchangeable short nose and lying nose.
Thanks in advance,

Eli

5B0B6156-BE84-4CFB-8A3A-6ED938DCB552.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Wow...that is a really cool doll! I found this: Rare 48" Giocattoli BREVETTATI GALETTI Wood Pinocchio Jointed DISPLAY FIGURE | #490251071 (worthpoin...

and will do a bit more research to find out what one might sell for now (as yours is better than this one described on worthpoint).

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Here is a Pinocchio that seems to be like the one you have. It is currently on an auction site with an opening bid of $250.

Large Pinocchio Wooden Doll Auction (liveauctioneers.com)

Estimated to sell for $400-$600.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am thinking 1950's or so.  But I am having trouble confirming that.  So take it with a grain of salt.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the response. I wish I could upload more pictures of it on here, it really is in great shape. No fades in the paint and very minimal scratches. All the joints articulate smoothly, I’ll keep looking also!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks! I was seeing 1950s-70s also. I would think the sticker had a date but it doesnt lol. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That's funny that liveauctioneers has the over the shoulder booty shot as the main photo for Pinocchio. I guess sex sells Pinocchio dolls too !!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply