cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying Carnival glass dish

Good afternoon,IMG_0588_1.jpgIMG_0586_1.jpg

I wonder if anyone recognises the marking or pattern of this dish or could direct me to a good site to research myself.  New seller who would like to be as descriptive as possible on this inherited piece.

Thank you!

P.S. Is there a preferred size of images when uploading here? I  don't want to under- or overwhelm.IMG_0591_1.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A good site is Dave Doty Carnival Glass 

Also Replacements.com

I cannot tell from your photo what "flower" that is, but knowing that might help

I can tell you that your piece is Marigold in color

I can also tell you that the underside is three footed "stippled"

So, search words might be marigold carnival glass footed stippled bowl.

Possible mfg.'s are Imperial Glass, Northwood, Fenton

Best, Linda

p.s. Welcome to the world of glass !!!! There are many new tools out there that help identifying. I know that "photo recognition" is hot right now. But it feels like cheating to me. Nothing is so gratifying as hard work referencing and then finding your piece.

If you are new to this, you might want to bring in some Carnival Glass Books from your local library.

Sorry for the "book" I wrote here, but I always get excited when I see new people with a passion.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks so much,Linda!

Sorry it took so long to respond -away from home most of the day.

I did hunt down that it is a Northwood "Fine Cut and Roses" pattern but the color doesn't seem as intense as some I've seen.  I really appreciate your help with the exact color and the other tips to use. Seems pricing is all over the place for this piece,though. Saw some very beautiful and amazing glass while I was looking. This might be the only piece of Carnival glass I have but I think there may be other glassware (and other questions) in my future.

Thank you again for your time and information

Message 3 of 3
latest reply