cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Moon and Stars

morricemom4ever
Enthusiast
I am in search of the Green Moon and Stars pattern that was produced in the 70's and before. My mom collects it and if anyone could give me some leads on where to find some of the peices that would be great.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Green Moon and Stars

Hi there! I just did a quick eBay search.....just typed in "green moon stars", no commas or anything else, and there were a whole bunch of L.E. Smith pieces. You can also do a "completed listing" search to see what things have been going for lately. good luck, Bev
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

morricemom4ever
Enthusiast
Thanks Bev :-D, We have been looking on here for peices but they are few and far between at times.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

Hi morriecemom4ever and Welcome to the group! Is the Moon & Stars color your mom collects by any chance the Forest Green color? I used to have a beautiful compote & candle sticks to match but they have been long gone. Loved that color though. :-D L. G. Wright also made Green Moon & Star Pattern. They differ slightly from the ones L. E. Smith made. I'm not quite sure what the difference is but it is apparently very little. Most of what I've seen offered here on eBay are candy dishes, compotes and canisters. What pieces are you looking for? Have you tried a google search? L.E. Smith is still in business and I'm sure that you can acquire the Moon & Star directly from them if you can't find what you're looking for here. I'm sure if you search the web you will find them. Again, Welcome to the Group. We're glad to meet you. -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

gps500reading
Enthusiast
Welcome --- Thanks for adding on a new discussion topic. The moon and stars pattern is really interesting because of the many colors -- the beautiful green, of course, but also amber, ruby, blue, crystal, and milk glass. I think there was also a red and a color that was like orange -- it might be called amberina? I really like the piece that's like a big taco shell on a pedestal I think it is sometimes called a banana bowl. I think if you search around -- follow Yanny's advice -- google "Moon and Stars" + "green" -- you'll find more than several pieces out there on the web. Happy hunting, and let us know what you find. In that way, you can help us control our "collections obsessions" by vicariously sharing in yours! Cheers~~~~
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

morricemom4ever
Enthusiast
Thank you all for the info. The peice that I am looking for is the sugar dish. She has it in amber but would love to have in the "forest green" that is what she has been collecting since i can remember. And yes i will share my finds and stories of my search for this peice with you all. And again thank you for the warm thanks
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

gps500reading
Enthusiast
If you google "Green Moon and Stars" + "Sugar" the very first hit will give you three options to purchase a green sugar. I can't give you the link, but I can tell you how to find it]:) Good luck!
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

morricemom4ever
Enthusiast
Thank you i will try that tomorrow and see what comes out of the search. I found a couple of places tonight but they had more amber and blue than the forest green. I found one place and i have to get the link again and put it up here so that you all can use it if you like
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

Hi morriecemom4ever, I'm sure you will have good luck using the search that gps suggested. Just a word of caution about posting links. Because you are new the groups I just want to give you a heads up. We aren't allowed to post links to websites or pages that offer items for sale unless they are links to items on the eBay site itself. Posting links to off eBay sites can get the group in trouble, one of eBays rules for groups not ours. This rule isn't at all popular but I'm afraid we have to abide by it anyhow. We are allowed to mention the name of a site or seller but not post a link to their off eBay sales pages. Please refresh my memory. Did the moon and stars sugar bowls come with a lid? I can't recall seeing any lids but it has been so long since I searched in that direction. -- Warmest Regards, Yan -- Edited by yanny50 at 03/31/2008 9:03 PM PDT
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

my sister has a china cabinet jammed full of moon and star i was looking for the pictures but of course now i cant find them.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
OH I DO LOVE M&S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Morricemom4ever--great to have you here! I find most of my pieces at junk stores. Altho, from what I hear--there is a bit of a run on it right now since it's been in quite a few books. I wish you the best, tho--it IS a grand pattern! One more thing (once ya get to know me you'll realize I am the most verbose one in the group! GIGGLE!), from what I am seeing, deep forest green pieces in a lot of patterns seems to be going higher & higher. Hopefully it won't be that way in your area, tho. Just wanted to prepare ya for what you may find.... Of course, the market could go one way or the other all to quickly! 3CL--your sister has THAT MUCH!?! I am a drooling fool right now! YES--PICTURES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Hedgie
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

morricemom4ever
Enthusiast
I will get pics up soon... and thanks for the heads up on the policy for the links. I will tread lightly in that area then. The moon and stars peice has a lid it. It is hard to describe put i will try and get pics up soon. And like i said my mom has had this pattern since i can remember. She told me that she has been collecting it since before i was born and i was born in 1975 ( yea i know wet behind the ears to some) but that is fine. Wisdom is from age and knowledge both. And again i will keep you all informed of what i have found in my search for one of the most hard to find collections that i have ever seen
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
HI! Lookin' forward to those pics! Age matters not! But I DO bet your memory is a LOT better than mine! GIGGLE! Anxiously awaiting the photos! Hedgie
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

Hello, 

I have some listed for sale in my eBay shop if you are still looking. 🙂 I also have several pieces I have not listed yet from my collection as well as a purple moon and stars Candy dish. 

Check out my shop 

A few of my favorite things vintage on eBay and also on instagram. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Green Moon and Stars

I have a green Moon & Stars toothpick. Most of my personal Moon & Stars collection is in Colonial blue. I love the pattern.

Diane

Message 15 of 15
latest reply