cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book?

What book would be best to buy on EAPG? I am just getting started with this one, depression glass used to be my favorite.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Book?

Hi,

Not sure what's the "best" one, but Warman's Pattern Glass is a good one. I happen to have a nice copy listed for only $6.99, and the cover price is $21.95.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmans-Pattern-Glass-2nd-ed-2001-A-Value-Identification-Guide-VGC-EC-/27240...

Bev

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Book?

Thank you, sorry it took so long to answer you.  This is the first time I have been back on this site.  I think I will buy your book.  I was not having much luck buying EAPG books.  I have bought two that are almost impossible to identify anything.  Your book looks different.

Patto

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Book?

If you would like a good book on EAPG, I will recommend two that I consider to be essential. The first is "The Field Guide to Pattern Glass," by Mollie Helen McCain. A great source for identifying patterns. The only drawback is the patterns are drawings and not pictures. It will take a bit to get used to the setup of the text, but once mastered it is invaluable. The second book is a bit hard to find, "Identiifying Pattern Glass Reproductions" by Bill Jenks, Jerry Luna, and Darryl Reilly. The EAPG market has many reproductions and this book will help you seperate true 19th and early 20th century glass from the reproductions of the 50s through the 70s. Both of these books are available as used editions (the reproduction book is out of print) on Amazon. Find these two, you will be glad you did. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Book?

1982, values updated 1994, "the collector's encyclopedia of pattern glass", "a pattern guide to early american pressed glass", by mollie helen mccain. from mid 1800s to world war 1. 506 glass companies. patterns are detailed sketch style, makers, pattern #, pieces, etc... over 500 pages, approx 2000+ patterns.everything from 'Aberdeen to Zipper slash'. 'collectors books'/Schroeder, in paducah, kentucky published this book..perhaps contact them.
🙂
Message 5 of 5
latest reply