cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Dallas area seller to post and sell my stuff

I have a house full of curios, vintage things, and odd stuff I'd like to sell but don't have the time to photo, post, mail, etc.  There doesn't seem to be a formal way of connecting with what might have been formally been called trade assistants. Does anyone in this group manage sales like this. User name zablosky.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay's "Trading Assistant" program didn't work well and was abolished some time ago.  Not sure whether or not eBay has explained the reasons, but can only speculate.  

1. Some people tend to over-estimate the value of their items which is a big hurdle.

2. Some people tend to under-estimate what a trading assistant would have to ask as his cut of the arrangement, given what he'd have to do, and the amount of time it would take, as you've listed.

3. The seller/trading assistant is on the hook for NAD, INR etc claims for as long as six months.

4. The seller/trading assistant, if using his own ID to sell, is also on the hook when it comes to filing with the IRS.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay's "Trading Assistant" program didn't work well and was abolished some time ago.  Not sure whether or not eBay has explained the reasons, but can only speculate.  

1. Some people tend to over-estimate the value of their items which is a big hurdle.

2. Some people tend to under-estimate what a trading assistant would have to ask as his cut of the arrangement, given what he'd have to do, and the amount of time it would take, as you've listed.

3. The seller/trading assistant is on the hook for NAD, INR etc claims for as long as six months.

4. The seller/trading assistant, if using his own ID to sell, is also on the hook when it comes to filing with the IRS.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. Certainly more complex than I imagined. Maybe I can find someone who will do the leg work under my account so I am responsible for the taxes and other obligations.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good luck with that.  But, if you are fortunate enough to find someone, be prepared for the cost of their services to be pretty high.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In addition to @soh.maryl post  your seller will be required to have physical acess to your items from listing to shipping once /if item is sold

Message 5 of 5
latest reply