cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PacBell DSL Install CD

Let me start off by admitting that everything I know about this topic could fit in a thimble and still rattle around! Anyway, I found an old Install CD I had put away years ago when I had DSL through PacBell at another address. (For over 10 years now I've used fiber optic with AT&T.) Anyway, thought I'd sell the old PacBell CD as a vintage collectible for anyone interested in this sort of thing, because, according to Wikipedia, as of 2002 the name “Pacific Bell” is no longer used in marketing. Should I have any concerns for any reason about listing this CD for sale?20190625_124210.jpg20190625_124235.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

PacBell DSL Install CD

You can try to sell it if you like as a collectible item, but the problem is that no one may be interested in purchasing it from you despite the fact that the company is now defunct. I would just destroy the CD and throw away.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PacBell DSL Install CD

Might be worth a shot. There are probably Pac Bell or vintage interneteania ( trademark pending) people out there looking for stuff like this. Being in the antiques and collectibles market, I do believe everything sells, especially the rare
I am who I am- those who matter don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PacBell DSL Install CD

@coast_of_maine_antiques wrote:
Might be worth a shot. There are probably Pac Bell or vintage interneteania ( trademark pending) people out there looking for stuff like this. Being in the antiques and collectibles market, I do believe everything sells, especially the rare

It is true that some of the things related to computers or computers themselves are rare. Vintage Packard Bell computers have been successfully sold here. I have had quite a lot of the old Packard Bell computers that were successfully sold. There are some people out there that have fond memories of these old Packard Bell computers during their child hood years and some were able to obtain them, since Packard Bell no longer operates here in the U.S.  In your case of the CD you have, sometimes CDs like this will have some 'extras' on it such as program applications and/or games that tend to be offered for free to use. They will only work on older computer systems and they may also be compatible on newer computer systems. This will only vary on the specifications.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply