cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using standard comic collectors grading letters in condition field.

Dear eBay developers and fellow comic book sellers.
I sell comic books to collectors on eBay. On the listings, in the Condition field my options are:

Like New

Brand New

Very Good

Good

Acceptable

Unfortunately, these eBay words are not the standard, very specific words used to describe condition in the collectors’ comic book market.

Does this matter? Do any other comic book sellers care about this or have any thoughts?

I’m sure it’s an unimportant detail to non-collectors, but it might help me sell more comics if your eBay dev-team could revise those condition words in comic book listings to match the letter grades comic book collectors have been using for 50 years or more.

The Listing page for comics is very good as it is - you have already customized it perfectly for describing comic books with many detailed fields, except for this one – which unfortunately displays an erroneous (to comic book collectors) condition descriptor very visibly right at the top of each listing.

The eBay words can cause confusion - for example, when I list a comic book using the standard comic book letter grade “Very Fine”, your format forces me to choose “Very Good” or “Like New” – neither is accurate. As you can see by comparing the two lists similar conflicts occur when using other grades as well.

The basic grading scale, also known as letter grades, uses the grades from Near Mint (highest) to Poor (lowest):

NM Near Mint

VF Very Fine

FN Fine

VG Very Good

GD Good

FR Fair

PR Poor

Thanks for reading this and thanks for any help to change this if it’s even possible.

tafltablut

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0