Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Opera glasses vs lorgnette reading glasses.

Recently and for quite some time I’ve been searching for lorgnette reading glasses. The term often used in the description or keyword list is “Opera Glasses” and this is incorrect. I’ve done a cursory search on the use of Opera Glasses and they can c...

PLEASE HELP! - ANTIQUE CHINESE HAND CARVED WOOD IMMORTAL? VERY OLD!

I recently purchased this item at an estate sale and was told that it was found in an old WW2 era trunk along with various military related items. I believe it to be Chinese and that of an Immortal but any information would be extremely helpful. It a...

Old store price tag boxed set

I have 2 sets of Franklin Manufacturing Corp. store price tags or as the box says price tickets. These are small. More for jewelry display maybe . But denominations go from .50 to $1000. The best I could find is that he started a hot stamp machine co...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Resolved! Need help identifying a glass bowl hand painted

I purchased this dish/bowl at an estate sale along with other items, mostly mid-century. I've searched for hours and can not find anything close. Used the obvious words like green, glass bowl, gold trim, shell shaped, hand painted, blossoms. Can anyo...

Green Bowl.JPG Green BowlBottom.JPG

Brass Cloisonne Horse or Unicorn stepping on a Swallow

Hello, I have a 5.3/4" I guess it's brass cloisonne horse or unicorn stepping on a swallow figurine. I have seen a lot but not with the color and pattern like mine. My questions is ..is it brass and do I call it cloisonne? I don't know who made it. I...

Modern art

I want to start selling paintings on this platform, it makes sense ?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Need Help With I.D. of Odd Asian Dwarf Lustre Teapot Made in Japan

I picked up this odd teapot at a local thrift store. One of the clerks told me that quite a few matching pieces had come in earlier (she referenced a cookie jar). I can't find anything like it in my internet searching. What is he supposed to represen...

Need help IDing 1950's California pottery mark on figurine of dancer w/ balloon.

I need help identifying the maker of this unglazed figurine of a dancer and balloon. The maker's mark looks to be a stylized woman (a dancer?) within an uppercase "D". Part of the "D' is cut off by the opening on the base. Below that mark is a clearl...

IMG_6571.JPG IMG_6574.JPG IMG_6575.JPG IMG_6581.JPG

Question about MCM Thone Stools

I have a pair of lovely bentwood leg, bakelite topped Thone stools I would like to sell here on ebay. Furniture of any kind is not my area of expertise, and certainly not MCM. I've found several of these types of stool either listed or sold here on e...

Painting

Any thoughts on the painting or artist?

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors