Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Sputnik object

   I found plenty but none like mine. Any help? About 4 in tall. A thermometer. All I can find are the seemingly later complete weather stations with thermometer, hydrometer and barometer. Could this be the first iteration of this concept?The lable r...

sput1.jpg sput2.jpg sput3.jpg

Silver Pill/Snuff Box?

I have a silver box that is marked on the back "Elliot 092 "on a hand holding a saber. It it 2 sided on the inside of the lid on one side and slanted on the other as if for powder. I have no idea what it was used for really? Can anyone identify this ...

DSCN8618.JPG DSCN8619.JPG DSCN8620.JPG DSCN8622.JPG

Resolved! Vintage Hand painted Japanese Silk Fabric Does anyone know what this is called?

Does anyone know what this hand painted/dyed Japanese Raw silk fabric is called? Is it Katazome or something like that? The back is not smooth, it is kind of bumpy on the back side of the dyed/colored part. Any info about this fabric would be really ...

Age and artist painting help

Was wondering thoughts of age on this painting I just acquired from a local auction sale. It is signed Morgan on the bottom right. Any help is appreciated on age or artist and I believe it is French and translates to "My workshop invaded by Hollywood...

10-2.jpg 10-3.jpg 10-4.jpg

Carved wooden bowl w bird ID help please?

Our charity was given this bowl to sell. Measures about 11 inches long and 9 inches high. There are initials on it ...H.S. maybe? and underneath a date carved in of 1992. Wondered if anyone might have any info about further ID. Many thanks for though...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Identify Rosenthal crystal pattern?

I looked everywhere and thought this might be GRASSES but it’s a bit different. This one has longer and more flowing leaves while the Grasses pattern has all uniform/stiff leaves. This is 6” tall and footed. (Footed tumbler?) The Rosenthal sticker wa...

Resolved! Help translating a Korean inscription, please

I've got a Korean silver bowl, marked with the Hangul mark on the bottom for pure silver. But this bowl also has an inscription on the outside - possibly a dedication or memorial? Could someone kindly translate it for me? Thanks for looking.

IMG_4398.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors