cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage glasses (slightly larger than cordial sized)

My mom has had this set of glasses for as long as I can remember (and I'm 58 so that's a loooong time lol). I've never seen anything like them anywhere - they're "textured" - you can feel the glitter, or whatever it is on the surface. I believe they were gifted to her. I was looking at them one day and couldn't find any markings on them. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like this, or happens to know anything about them. For context, Mom is of Irish descent, but I'm willing to bet that they were gift from someone in my father's family - he's of Italian descent.  Both of my parents are first generation Americans, their parents were immigrants.

blue glass.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is there a recognizable scene on these glasses?  Since we are seeing just one side, it's hard to know.  And are they all exactly the same?  Or is each different or even slightly different?  

Rita

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No, there is no recognizable scene on the glasses, it is pretty much the same all the way around - kind of a floral pattern. I'm fairly certain that they're all the same, but I'll have to look at them again the next time I'm at my mom's house. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'd be willing to bet that they are Italian, and perhaps made in a glass makers shop, sort of one of a kind type of thing like artisans do now when you're visiting historic district shops, or specialty shops. My parent bought a set of glasses when they visited Venice decades ago that had small crystals attached in sort of a similar design, they weren't mass produced, just the artisan making things for the tourist trade. Italy has wonderful glass makers. Whoever made them, they're very different...and beautiful. They're treasure for sure, and I hope you find out for sure who made them.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply