cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This has probably been beaten to death but

...what is up eith the beanie baby world these days?  Is there a blog, book, old thread, anything, help a new person figure which if any of her old toys are worth leaving the tags on?

I have 60 left, my little kids as usual are going to get one in thier stockings to play with.  Looking at solds its wierd, a few get $12-24each.  At $12  its worth it to me to sell it because i make enough to buy a different toy for that child.  They get em each year and its kinda boring but free sooooo.  Is there a cheat sheet somewhere for which ones are worth gettting pictures of? 

(Yes i can list and see, but as listing is now cumbersome, I thought someone might have a filter, like, pre 1997, or, forest creatures, or something).  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have no idea if this is accurate, but it is current and it lists some still-valuable Beanie Babies:

https://www.thoughtco.com/beanie-baby-ebay-prices-782086

If you haven't already tried it, you might want to check each of yours in "Sold" eBay listings, filtering by amount, say $20 and up.

If I had any Beanie Babies, frankly, I'd just do anything with them I cared to and forget trying to sell them in a dead market.  But that's just me. 

A cartoon...

beanie-01.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thats a great idea to filter by sold and price! Ive been just doing whatever I wanted but the kids are beanie baby stashified. My other thought was donate to a toy run for christmas, since someone might enjoy them. Might take out everything 1993 and try just those, as I recounted and theres actually 86 left (probably why this is a crashed market, ha, everyone has more than they can keep track of or even try to sell!)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Operation Gratitude still takes Beanie Babies:

https://www.operationgratitude.com/express-your-thanks/beanie-babies/

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There are a handful of BB that are worth anything but the chances of you having them diminish exponentially the further you get away from the Chicago suburbs.

...and no one would buy them for real money unless they are authenticated....which means you are going to be into them for another $35 each before you find out they are bootlegs.

It's coming Christmas time, think about donating them.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@annasunicorns wrote:
... as I recounted and theres actually 86 left (probably why this is a crashed market, ha, everyone has more than they can keep track of or even try to sell!)

A little known fact is that the company who made them knew very well what they were doing and had created/managed two other fads in the past. They continue to make little plush toys, and are ever watchful for the possibility of a fad on any new line they create. The actually "value" of the toys was not what folks were willing to pay. They created shortages, shipped certain items to one area and not another and didn't fret (may have created) label discrepancies like an upside-down biplane on a postage stamp.

They do have an intrinsic value, as a cute plush toy. If you have clean beenies in good, unused condition with tags, you might consider putting them in zip lock baggies (sorry the sandwich size are too small gotta buy bigger custom sizes) and donating them to the fire department or emergency room. They make a nice comfort to a child who is facing tragedy or need, and are small enough to fit several in a shoe box that the responders can keep on hand.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

A good read is Zac Bissonnette’s The Great Beanie Baby Bubble

51WbGp1jZWL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

at about 5:00 he explains how Beanie Babies "made" eBay.
Radio Interview.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply