cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent CGC comics without proper protection and its all broken, how can i get money back?

Hey guys, I've purchased 3 cgc 9.8 slabbed comics from a seller on mid Apr(paid $380), due to the reason im not in the US, I had someone helped me made the purchase and then shipped the package to me oversea(he didn't open the package).

Due to the international shipping and custom duty etc, I just received my package today, and I found out all three slabs were broken! The seller didn't ship the comics with proper protection, he only used some paper and a piece of cloth to warp around the comics. My question is it possible that I can get refund or at least partial refund? 

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Seller sent CGC comics without proper protection and its all broken, how can i get money back?

To advise you correctly, we need information about the shipping.  Did you use a freight forwarder in the US to send the package on to you?  Did the seller use the Global Shipping Program?  Did the seller send the package directly to you?

The answers to that will determine whether you can do anything, and what you might be able to do.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I did use a freight forwarder, so they made the purchase and the seller ship the package to them and then the freight forwarder shipped the package to me.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Up to the seller.  Have you already made contact?

From a reasonableness standpoint, you don’t have a case.  For all you know, the item might have arrived to your friend in perfect shape.  Seems silly to not inspect the item upon original receipt.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you did not buy the comic books yourself,  if they're not in your Purchase History you can't file a claim on eBay.

The person that bought them would have to file a not as described return and return the comic books to the seller. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yeah I've messaged the seller but havent got any response yet. Its true that I should've let them help me inspect the package before send it to me. I didnt ask to do it only because the seller has over 800 feedback  100% positive and I thought there would be no problem with shipping protection.

I always video tape when i'm opening new package so I have the video footage to proof that the package was original, no one had opened or damage the items inside on purpose before I open it. Would that help with anything?

Thanks for the reply!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks!

Yup the person who helped made the purchase is contacting the seller but havent got any response yet. It costs a lot of time and money to return the items, so my plan it to keep the items and asking for partial refund, and have cgc to re-slab the comics someday in the future.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Any ebay protection has expired anyways.

You have no protection anyways as ebay does not help with items that have been reshipped and it is really unfair to the seller to blame them when it was your friend who failed to inspect the item before shipping as that could have been when the item was actually damaged.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@swang114 wrote:

Yeah I've messaged the seller but havent got any response yet. Its true that I should've let them help me inspect the package before send it to me. I didnt ask to do it only because the seller has over 800 feedback  100% positive and I thought there would be no problem with shipping protection.

I always video tape when i'm opening new package so I have the video footage to proof that the package was original, no one had opened or damage the items inside on purpose before I open it. Would that help with anything?

Thanks for the reply!

No, not for ebay. Maybe you can g go file the claim with the shipping  company you hired  that actually shipped the item to you.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Was this an actual freight forwarder, or perhaps a friend in the US who was helping you out this way.

Either way, opening a case may not help because there was one other entity between you and the seller and the seller could claim that was where the damage occurred.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply