cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redoute Rose tea set tea for one unknown company

Hi. I was wondering about this teacup set and I searched online for Redoute Rose tea set. My search led me to a different famous company by the name Roy Kirkham, but it is the same design. I cannot make out the name of this company of the tea set I included. Does anybody know and is it worth anything? Thank you so much in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Pierre-Joseph Redouté (1759-1840) is famous botanical artist and royal flower painter  https://www.botanicalartandartists.com/about-pierre-joseph-redoute.html

Obviously, different companies are using his drawings on their kitchenware. BTW, the first 4 letters on the top seem to be Cyrillic, ЗЛИТ, but I can't find out what this means.

Jivko

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Pierre-Joseph Redouté (1759-1840) is famous botanical artist and royal flower painter  https://www.botanicalartandartists.com/about-pierre-joseph-redoute.html

Obviously, different companies are using his drawings on their kitchenware. BTW, the first 4 letters on the top seem to be Cyrillic, ЗЛИТ, but I can't find out what this means.

Jivko

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I believe that is BAUM for Baum Bros., an importer and retailer of chinese made ceramics, probably from other countries as well.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I see
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. This was really helpful. The history of this artist is so interesting. I would like to look more into it.    

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I can't figure out what the letters say , but BAUM makes so much sense. I will look into it. I appreciate this so much. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply