cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with an Acrylic Painting - Mid Century

Anyone have any ideas about this painting? I cannot read the signature front or back.  I know it's acryllic.  That's about it.

Appreciate it!

IMG_3179.JPGIMG_3192.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I see no signature on the front - need a close up.  The name on the frame is probably the owner.  

Rita

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just curious but how do you know it is acrylic? A close up of the sig(s)  is necessary.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is painted with a knife tech.  Acrylic works best. Oils run.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So this is a viscosity question rather than a paint application question then? Another question, have you had the paint checked in a lab yet? Sort of a moot question because what is at play here is who painted it. You've had a couple of questions requesting close ups of the sig(s) but no response on that. Maybe someone here has seen the sig before and might be able to get the sig sorted out for you.  We can only work with what you give us. Like extreme close ups of the sigs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am also struggling to understand why you wouldn't want to add a close up of the frontal signature you mention. Most of us probably feel, like Rita, that the details on the frame relate to a previous owner - surname, address, phone number.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

There appears to be a signature in lower left but it's impossible to see.

Rita

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

And one on the right about 5:20.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply