cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maker Mark SP&S , WHO WERE THEY

I have a number of this maker marked items which also has a triangle lozenge next to it with some other design inside it but cannot tell what it is. I have also seen many SP&S stated Antique or Vintage jewelry , mainly gold plate or gold fill chains & albert/dog clips. I cannot find reference anywhere to who they they are , what country , production perioda etc. If anyone can enlighten me on who they are it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Without good, clear photos of the items themselves (whatever they are) and the mark, no one can help you.

Don't start a new thread to do this.  Just click on "Reply" to any post and then use the cameria icon to insert the photos.

-

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If there were some way we could see what you are talking about like a drawing, etc. You might try placing the items on a flatbed scanner , take a scan (front and back) and post it here. It might be easier if you could borrow a camera and take photos (front and back). Lots of people here to help you but you need to give them something to work with.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I didn't realize Maxine had already answered this. I still like the scanner idea though!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

I didn't realize Maxine had already answered this. I still like the scanner idea though!

I like it, too, assuming whatever the mark is on is scannable.  Jewellery is mentioned, but I have no idea if that's what OP's items are.

I use a scanner a lot, actually, finding that it often gives me the best pictures, even of somewhat three-dimensional items, and with far less fuss than using a camera.

-

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Many moons ago, my primary go to for images was said scanner until someone came along and said "You know, you can just get one a-them new digital 2.1 Megapixel cameras."

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Agree OP should provide photos... but just to save time, I'm pretty sure this what they're referring to:

SP&S - 2.pngSP&S - 3.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363859748011?hash=item54b7bb24ab%3Ag%3AziwAAOSwal1imH35&nma=true&si=X%252Bp... 

SP&S - 4.png

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/victorian-rolled-gold-curb-link-539491705 

None of the listings I've seen so far provide any help in identifying the mark:

https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?max=20&sort=BestMatch&_img=true&img=true&_noGreyList=tru... 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"None of the listings I've seen so far provide any help in identifying the mark:"

Which makes the requested photos  so much more valuable!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you Argon38. Those photos you provided are exactly the maker mark im talking about. Its not an uncommon mark & surprised that i have never found reference to who it is attributed to. Cheers

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

20220629_114445~2.jpg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

20220629_114445~2.jpg

Message 11 of 11
latest reply