cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Unframed Signed Print

I bought this unframed print from the artist in 2004 or 2005 and didn't get around to having it framed. I also never opened the shrink wrap, what you see in the pictures is how I purchased it.

I would like to list the print and include the information regarding the artists signature. I am using the Art > Art Prints category and use the Licensed Reprint, correct?

Lastly, I would list the condition as used and include the information the print has been stored with the mat board/shrink wrap. Am I missing anything else that would be relevant for the buyer?

Thanks,

Josie

Ebay Pic.jpgEbay Pic2.jpgEbay Pic3.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is signed in the plate (lower), but is it also signed by hand by the artist above that?  AP means "artist's proof" but then it wouldn't at the same time be 59/100 copies, so that's a bit confusing.  It most likely isn't a "licensed reprint" if it is indeed one of 100 original prints.  

Rita

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is signed in the plate (lower), but is it also signed by hand by the artist above that?  AP means "artist's proof" but then it wouldn't at the same time be 59/100 copies, so that's a bit confusing.  It most likely isn't a "licensed reprint" if it is indeed one of 100 original prints.  

Rita

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@melda58 

Thank you Rita! As a novice, now I understand why I wasn't sure how to list. I'll add to the description how I came upon the print. I enjoyed talking with him about his original painting and all of the symbolism...I always regretted not taping our discussion.

Josie

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You're welcome.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It is licensed print with mintage of 100 similar, and it is the exemplar Nr.59 signed by author...

It is not a reprint.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bulkcover 

Thank you for responding to my question and adding clarification!

Kind regards,

Josie

Message 6 of 6
latest reply