cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to identify this Symbol??

Would anyone be able to help me in identifying the mark on a wonderful Copper base Tray. I’ve searched all I knew in the Copper world but haven’t found anything even close.IMG_0019.jpegIMG_0021.jpegDSC00822.jpeg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You should show a couple of shots of the entire object.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much, sonomabarn67. I just added a few.DSC00852.jpegDSC00853.jpegDSC00854.jpegDSC00855.jpegDSC00856.jpeg

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The character within the diamond looks Asian to me.  Maybe @waxu_93 will be along to help.

Rita

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much melda58. I was wondering the same thing about the symbol. It does kind of look Asian.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It is Japanese and is copper-plated probably over a soft lead/pewter base.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I’ve been doing some more digging and agree, sonomabarn67, that it is Japanese. The lead/pewter would probably explain the weight of the tray, as it does have some heft. Love the detail work on it.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

佐,a Japanese artisan ' name ,made in japan

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much waxy_93 for the great help, I'm very grateful.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

With so much changing in the 'Online Selling/Buying' world, it's SO GREAT to know there are still Great people with Great help out there! 

Thank you all So Much!!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you @fire4jewel for your gracious responses to our efforts to help.  We here are all volunteers who enjoy learning and helping others in the process.   I wish everyone who asked for help here was as appreciative as you - too often we provide help and it is never acknowledged.  Good luck!

Rita

Message 11 of 11
latest reply