cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Art Drawing and Artist Identification

Hello to all,
I need help with this 2 drawings.
From what i can see this is drawnings from somewhere in germany but this is all that i can undrestand.
Maby someone here can help?

IMG_20171128_173756.jpgIMG_20171128_173813.jpgIMG_20171128_173831.jpgIMG_20171128_173842.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They look to be offset prints (see the hash lines under magnifaction?) of etchings as shown by the  numbering notations. Artist looks to be C. Haaf 74. Thats just how they appear on my screen. Open one up and look for a plate mark.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think it says Naunynstrasse, but that's all I got.
Janet
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They look to be offset prints (see the hash lines under magnifaction?) of etchings as shown by the  numbering notations. Artist looks to be C. Haaf 74. Thats just how they appear on my screen. Open one up and look for a plate mark.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

yes you are right they just prints, thank you very match for your help
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If it helps at all, the title of the top picture is "Hochbahn ???strasse". It is obviously the name of the station, since Hochbahn means "elevated railway". Unfortunately it's a bit too fuzzy to read the crucial part of the second word. (I thought it might have been a Hochbahn station in Berlin that features in an old spy movie called The Quiller Memorandum, but it isn't).

I reckon the artist's name is probably "C. Haas", with the German long "s" that resembles an "f".

Message 5 of 5
latest reply