cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback not left for Buyer

I`ve been an e-Bayer, since 2005. My feedback rating stands at a Red Star-972 /100%.  I`ve been stuck at this number 972 for some time, now 1/21/23.  I always leave + feedback for all the Sellers, I`ve ever bought from. The problem I`m addressing is the lack of FB from those I buy from. How long I`m, i going to stay at this 972 spot is anybody's guess. E-Bay, management could care less. Their fallback is "there's nothing we can do about it, that`s between you and the seller." OK!  I can handle this. Since I`m only 28 points away from getting my Purple Star and hitting the #1000 point mark, I`m going to go on strike.  From now on, I`m not leaving any Seller, their Feedback. Some want to play games with their buyers, well I can play too. Sorry other Sellers, but it`s the only way I can fight back against these deadbeats. We all rely on playing fair with each other and it wasn`t like this 10-15 years ago, everybody did the right thing. Not anymore, so why should I bother? I`m tired of buying and buying, with no FB from the seller, after I`ve given them their + FB. I`m done...................

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Once you have enough feedback for others to see that you know how to buy or sell on eBay without causing problems, you have all the feedback you will ever need.  You are far beyond that point.  And feedback has always  been voluntary.

Sellers can leave only positive feedback for buyers.  They cannot leave negatives or even neutrals.  Positive only.  That has been the case since 2008.  Many feel that makes buyer feedback uninformative, since it is 100% positive no matter what.

Buyers can leave positive, negative, or neutral feedback for sellers, so it may still serve some purpose, although it does not affect a seller's metrics, one way or the other.

I think in the early days of on-line shopping, when it was a novelty, before it became routine, feedback meant more to everyone. 

I also think that everybody and his brother pestering people for feedback has made a lot of people ignore it altogether.  Every time I buy something, visit my doctor's office, do a bit of slightly out of the ordinary on-line banking, use anyone's customer service, and on and so on, I get pestered to take a survey and/or leave feedback.  People are getting tired of the whole issue.

Personally, I always left feedback to buyers upon payment, as a quick way to say thank you for your business, just as I would have if I were behind the counter in a brick-and-mortar. But I can see why a lot of sellers no longer bother.

-

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Since buyers can only get positive feedback, buyers feedback doesn't mean much and some sellers don't bother to leave any.

If sellers could leave true feedback for buyers, I'm sure more sellers would be leaving feedback.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

So, exactly what can you do with 1K FB that cannot be accomplished at your current FB level?

And you really feel that "going on strike" as you put it and punishing your good sellers is the solution to this?  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Your focus is on something that is only relevant to yourself. Buyers can only ever receive positive feedback so the only significance to a buyer only account is to have over 100. That shows to other sellers that this buyer understands how online purchasing works on this platform. 

Consider this more closely if you are a buyer who makes offers on items. Sellers will look at your feedback left for others to determine if you are someone they wish to sell to and accept your offer. If they see an account which has stopped leaving feedback for any purchases, that can be a red flag to a potentially difficult buyer, and you may find your offers stop being accepted. Your stance may affect you more than anyone else. Best of luck to you....

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Your rate of feedback results are better than mine. I think in your case it is working out extraordinarily well.  You have received  1,320 feedbacks and left 1,386 for others.  I have left feedback for 1,022 sellers and have received 945.  I think it works out pretty well compared to the early days when the majority of sellers gave retaliatory feedback automatically. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It looks like in the past 6 months you've received about 1 positive for every 4 positives you've left for sellers, or about 25%.  I'd say that isn't a bad ratio.  I'd guess that the average seller receives fewer than 1 positive feedback for every 4 sales.   I hope you'll continue to give good sellers positive feedback.

Rita

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Lamber9347, Thank you for your reply to my posting. i have received 7, so-far replies and read each one.  All of you make good points. This is an answer i`ve come up with concerning FB. From now on, when i see something, an item, on eBay i`d like to buy, i`ll first contact the seller and ask, "if i buy from you, do you or don`t you leave FB? A simple yes or no, is all it takes. If the seller says no, i don`t bother with leaving FB, i`ll reply, Thank you, for a fast answer to the question, but i`m no longer interested in buying from you, and move on. If they have a brain they might realize, "hey, i just lost a sale". Which of course means whatever they had up for sale, didn`t sell = money lost. And, not only did they lose a sale /cash, eBay lost their cut, too, and possibly PayPal lost theirs.  So, no, i`m not going to go on strike against good sellers.

As of now, another member who also, replied to my post, checked all my FB, back to day, one, in 2005. By his count, i`ve received 1,320 FB`s and left 1,386 FB`s for others. Math tells me, that 66 deadbeat sellers who received + FB from me, which was a boost for them, so they looked a little bit better to some other potential buyers and Zip O for me.

Also, yes, my focus is on myself and my eBay account, over this issue. Just like you, in your life focus on that which is relevant to yourself. We all do.  How would you feel when playing a Softball game, if you hit a home run, and ran the bases, but the scoreboard stayed the same with no point gain? I don`t think you`d let that stand, you would be in the umpire`s face in a heartbeat.

So, i`ll just ask my question, if they say, no, or better yet don`t even answer, then Hey! OK,  i`m already 10 miles down the road.  Once more, i do appreciate your thoughts on this matter that impacts all of us. You were most respectful and in turn, i show the same respect back. I`m a 50/50 kind of person, so forgive me for having disgust for those deadbeats and that`s exactly what they are deadbeats. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

". . .fight back against these deadbeats"? So any seller who does not leave FB for you or other buyers is a deadbeat? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

So you literally buy things just hoping to get higher feedback? I always left pos feedback for buyers at the time of shipping, but since buyer feedback means nothing, many sellers no longer do so... that doesn't make them deadbeats. I suspect your buying options are now more limited than before. Thanks for posting!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

There was a commercial a while back about posting things to "the wall" being explained to a relative. The punch line was "But Mom, that's not how this works." I feel like I just re-watched that commercial across this thread!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If your goal is to collect feedback, nothing could be easier: Buy cheap stuff from Chinese sellers. You'll probably never get the merchandise, or it will be even worse than you thought it would be if you do get it, but you will get feedback as soon as you pay and you can quickly attain that 1,000 goal at comparatively low cost.

-

Message 12 of 12
latest reply