cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me identify this label on this jar?

Another piece from my family estate. Found this jar in what I believe is my father's erector set. Part of the label shows Sodium, many Magnesium Carbonate, Relief, Adult, Meals. Then at the bottom of label looks to a Pharmacy name and Detroit. 

Has to be 1930's / 1940's era. Has the Anchor Hocking logo on bottom with 17-26 and a "6" and "10".di bottle.jpg

On the bottom edge of jar is "Anchorglass". never seen that before on an item. 

thank you for your time

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anchorglass is a trademark of the Anchor Hocking Glass Co.

Copied from " glassbottlemarks " site : In 1946, the trademark “Anchorglass” (one word) was registered (claimed first use was in 1945).  and (apparently) virtually all of the glassware with this mark bore foil labels instead of having the mark actually embossed into the glass surface.  The ware seen with these labels include the popular Forest Green and Royal Ruby lines.  They also manufactured quantities of Ruby Red beer bottles and these did carry the embossed mark “Anchorglass” on the base.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sodium and Magnesium Carbonate are used in stomach antacids. Beyond that I have not a clue what that bottle says or when it was made.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thank you! I will play around on the net and see what I can find.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It could be Di-Gel.  I don't know when it was introduced as an antacid but it's been a very popular product for many years.  

Rita

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anchorglass is a trademark of the Anchor Hocking Glass Co.

Copied from " glassbottlemarks " site : In 1946, the trademark “Anchorglass” (one word) was registered (claimed first use was in 1945).  and (apparently) virtually all of the glassware with this mark bore foil labels instead of having the mark actually embossed into the glass surface.  The ware seen with these labels include the popular Forest Green and Royal Ruby lines.  They also manufactured quantities of Ruby Red beer bottles and these did carry the embossed mark “Anchorglass” on the base.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply