cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody ID this bear?

Is this a bear? A raccoon? ... chipmunk?

IMG_0894.JPG

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@steve_stuffIt looks like a Care Bear. Is there any info on the bottom?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

It's 100% not a Care Bear.

Is it just me, or does anybody else see a weird uni-boob on that animal?

Yeah, I said it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101Now I can't unsee that uniboob! LOL

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I posted this to get answers from people who sell stuff.  Why was it moved to a place that nobody post on - not counting mine, two new posts from today - or goes to -- five total replies today?

Why is it being hidden

No markings.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Looks like a skunk, notice the mask across its eyes?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Patience Grasshopper, five is a lot.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Adding to that I can imagine those jowls stuffed with acorns. So, a chipmunk.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Unless someone only goes to X board to read and post, sure more than a few of us just click on community and get random post sorta like pulling the arm on a slot machine. 🙂

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Raccoon was my first thought due to the burglar mask.

I'm told by a knowledgable collectibles seller it's a baby raccoon holding a puppy. I tried but I can't see the puppy. 😂

It's mid-century custard glass.

Hope that helps @steve_stuff .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Here you go - you just need a sharpie to find the puppy @steve_stuff @cstpos . 😁

weirdmug-steve_stuff.png

Obviously I'm kidding around. The supposed puppy is supposedly facing the raccoon and the thing that looks like a uni-boob is the puppy's ear falling back as it's looking up. I really do not see it. It's a furry blob to me. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Showed this to every collectable, consignment and thrift shop in town and got back five types of animal and nobody seeing the puppy. Also plastic vs Bakelite - don't remember ever seeing any brown Bakelite.

Going to put it up today as a "baby raccoon holding a puppy plastic custard cup" and see what happens.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

OK - so it's plastic, not glass. With the additional photos in your listing the material is pretty apparent. It was not so obvious with the one slightly blurry pic above.

It's not a custard cup though @steve_stuff .

If you pulled "custard" from my comment that it might be custard glass, I suggest you look up custard glass to see what that is (hint, custard refers to the color of the glass).  🙂

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I see a skunk. I don't see a racoon mask -- and no "go fast" stripes that I associate with chipmunks. That puppy was a uniboob, until I saw the sharpie version,  @wastingtime101!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I agree with @maeday76. This looks like some extremely amateur artists interpretation of Pepe Le Pew.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply