cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recognize or familiar with is type item or mark?

I've uploaded a better picture of the mark, and the item is not ivory, could be a bone composition, but just not sure.

No place better for real help than eBay members (whether I like it or not lol...

Got about 7 of these animal little trinket? boxes several years ago in a storage unit, gave a few away to family and friends.. This is the only one that had any kind of mark. Not sure what the composition is, but am hoping that someone recognizes the mark as maker or just export? They're pretty nice little boxes...

thanks for any help in advance...!IMG_6890.JPGIMG_6891.JPGIMG_6892.JPGIMG_6893.JPGIMG_6894.JPGIMG_6895.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

O.K., next time it would be less confusing if you add to your original post in a reply rather than starting a new one that people will read and not know what you are talking about.
Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

O.K., next time it would be less confusing if you add to your original post in a reply rather than starting a new one that people will read and not know what you are talking about.
Janet
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

To me it appears to be a rather fine Japanase carved ivory box, certainly not bone.

I am only going by the pictures of course.

https://www.fws.gov/lab/ivory_natural.php

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I couldn't figure out how to add more pics to the original post, not sure why you were confused though since the new post was the same as the first except that I added a better pic of the mark and said I didn't think it was ivory?
Last thing I want to do is unnecessarily confuse anyone.....
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@lexyaja3 wrote:
I couldn't figure out how to add more pics to the original post, not sure why you were confused though since the new post was the same as the first except that I added a better pic of the mark and said I didn't think it was ivory?
Last thing I want to do is unnecessarily confuse anyone.....

To add more pictures to an existing thread, just click "REPLY" to your own or to any post and add the photos.

Having duplicate threads IS confusing:  People reply to one, without knowing there are already replies on the other, for example.   Most people are not going to take the time to read two threads, working back and forth to see how two separate "conversations" are developing.

Also, if  ever you inadvertantly post duplicate threads, you can select "Report Inappropriate Content" under OPTIONS, and ask he moderators to remove one of threads.  (I know it's not "inappropriate," but it's the only option to get you to the moderators.)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Actually I did try clicking on my reply tab, but it didn't give me the option to add photos??? So either I was blind or one of those rare eBay glitches occurred.
Either way, I now know how to do it....
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Just a heads up, I just now tried again to "reply to my own to add photos" and I see that it does show option for photos, for some reason I thought I couldn't use this for my own post, just more proof of my computer speak challenges...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Still like to know if anyone recognizes the mark as maker or import???

Thanks...IMG_6891.JPGIMG_6892.JPGIMG_6894.JPGIMG_6893.JPG

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

As mentioned in the other thread, this is the mark of a company called "Harmony Kingdom."

They make a large line of decorative boxes from a mixture of crushed marble and resin.  Based in England, not imitations of oriental items, just a large line of whimsical boxes.   I posted a photo of an original paper label in the other thread.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks very much, been away for a couple days.. I can always depend on eBay members to know!!! Thanks again!!!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply