cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite coin?

It can be one you own or one that you just like 🙂

Mine is definitely the Lincoln cent. I just bought my first 1909-S VDB.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

5 Abril 2018:  Congrats on acquiring one a your favoritos!   Heron has several coin favoritos.   However, probably his all-time favorito is the Mexico 50 Pesos 1947. 

Yes, Heron has one a those.  Just for fun!  Coin collecting is a super fun hobby...

Regardos.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@elheron-grandewrote:

5 Abril 2018:  Congrats on acquiring one a your favoritos!   Heron has several coin favoritos.   However, probably his all-time favorito is the Mexico 50 Pesos 1947. 

Yes, Heron has one a those.  Just for fun!  Coin collecting is a super fun hobby...

Regardos.

Wow, awesome!

That is a tougher coin...1.2 oz gold. Neat Mexican coin.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

5 Abril 2018:  Hola Coins:  Actually the 50 Pesos gold is more of a 'bullion coin'.

The 50 Pesos in XF grade are currently about 1660 US$.   Heron likes this coin because of the beautiful design work.  Not so much because it is gold.  

It is extremely difficult for elHeron to pick out one coin as a favorito.

There are many nicely designed and interesting coins.  The Morgan Dollar, etc.

However, here are 2 additional that rank right next to the 50 Pesos gold:

Mexico Un Peso 1910 Silver: called 'el Caballito'.

Mexico Dos Pesos 1921 Silver.  Another nicely designed coin.

Yes, so many nice coins available.  So Heron will say that there are probably 500 or 600 favoritos...!

Regardos... 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@elheron-grandewrote:

Yes, so many nice coins available.  So Heron will say that there are probably 500 or 600 favoritos...!

500 or 600? That's a LOT!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Still one of my all time favorites and the coin that got me started collecting coins, is the UK large one penny. I thought the "Britannia" image was the most beautiful coin I have ever seen.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

6 Abril 2018:  Hola Coins:  Well, 500 or 600 might appear to be a lot, however, Heron knows some coin guys that have 3,000 or more coins & tokens.    Let us say that a guy starts collecting at age 10.   Someone starts him with about 40 or 50 coins.  Then that boy adds 10 per year for 72 years.   Now, that total would be near 760 to 770.    Not a difficult thing to achieve.   That would be different coins.  British Empire coins could be as many as 200+...!   Coin collecting is a super great hobby!

Regardos.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

6 Abril 2018:  Hola Coins:  Well, 500 or 600 might appear to be a lot, however, Heron knows some coin guys that have 3,000 or more coins & tokens...  

LOL!  I think I'm way past that, and I haven't spent anywhere near 72 years at it... so far..

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

29 Abril 2018: Hola Ted200!   Yes, an exact count is difficult.  Especially when some of us are buying & selling stuff.   Selling items that are no longer wanted!  However, selling un-wanted items brings in some $$$ for buying more items.  This is truly a fun hobby!   

Regardos.   

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

1955.JPG

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

barber half dollars xf or better - - i sold a 1900-p in au condition and now regret!!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply