cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Franklin Mint Bronze Ben Franklin Coin - No Date

This is a bronze Franklin Mint Ben Franklin coin in a plastic coin holder.  I've been looking online to see how much it might be worth but all that I have found have dates on them...this does not.  I am not a coin collector but inherited a bunch of coins in 1989 and re-visit them from time to time and research some until my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head.

Can anyone help shed some light on this coin and what does the absence of a date mean?  I find it odd I haven't found one without a date.

Thank you for looking, I appreciate what you all do and your help. -MaryIMG_1373.JPGIMG_1376.JPGIMG_1377.JPGIMG_1378.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but Franklin Mint Coins do not have much demand, if any.  With or w/o  a date doesn't make much difference. They are nice pieces, but not minted by The US Mint. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh boo-hoo!  I'm learning if nothing else!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They are really only worth the scrap metal they are made from

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Reason there is no date is that it is not a coin ( perse ) ...It is a medal or medallion and not a form of currency.

A COIN has to have an amount of currency like Dollar, Yen, Sheckel, Yuan, Lire , Euro , Francs, Marks,  and so on and so on

Message 5 of 5
latest reply