cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Rodenstock Lens and Beseler Board

Hi, Hope someone can tell me about this lens and board. I have no idea what the board is for or what the little red "stick" is for. The lens is a Rodenstock Rodagon 1:4 f = 80mm. It is made in Germany. Any information is appreciated. Thanks, Kay

rodenstocklens3.jpg

rodenstocklens6.jpg

rodenstocklens7.jpg

rodenstocklens4.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That is just an ordinary enlarger lens and it can be used on any enlarger if mounted on the specific board for that enlarger.   If I recall correctly, 80mm focal length is mostly used for enlarging 2-1/4 square negatives but it can be used for any other size negative as well.  Rodenstocks were considered a good quality lens.  Back when new, they were probably about $30-40.

The little red thing appears to be a way to tell if the enlarger bulb is on although, for the life of me, I can't think why you would need it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Alco is spot on. The board looks similar to the one used in the bessler 23C series enlargers.

When the enlarger light was on, the red "stick" was supposed to shine a "safe" red light onto the aperture number on the lens so you could see it as you adjusted it.

Thanx for getting the questions started!

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks so much for the help. I have learned something:)
Kay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply