cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is ignoring shill bidders from China and ranking them as "top sellers" - yes solid proof....

Trying to buy some "tiger's eye" minerals from a few shops in China recently and found that stuff I bid on was "won" then re-listed (for no-reserve auctions).  So it seems they're using shill billing to drive the price up but then claiming that the buyer "did not pay" so are re-listing (at least that was the reason the ebay CSR gave me on once auction - then I pointed out that it had been listed multiple times). 

Don't believe me - try searching for "12.1 LB Natural tiger's-eye" and see that it's been listed and "sold" 8 times over the past two months... (look in completed listings). 

ebay is not tracking this and from reading other posts doesn't seem to care. 

I've been using ebay for 20 years but am actively seeking other platforms due to fraud and general crappiness (like the paypal thing.) But "smoking gun" evidence doesn't seem to do anything regarding violating their TOS. I reported two vendors and got an email in chinese that told me "we can't tell you if anything is going to happen".  Not good ebay, not good at all. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question