cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To leave Feedback or not to leave Feedback....That is the question! As a Buyer

As a Buyer....there’s always that one small clickable top left  Buyer’s Reminders of how many order feedbacks are waiting for you to fill out and submit.

Here is the current issue I’m having.

Although I show 4 active orders on my orders list, the feedback to do list shows 6 awaiting feedback’s. So, I go to the Feedback page and noticed that I have even more than 6 awaiting feedback’s. In fact there are 8 awaiting feedback’s!

When I look at these 4 extra feedback’s (not including the 4 currently on my active orders list) I noticed 3 of these are Cancelled by me orders and refunded by the Seller, and 1 of them is a Cancelled order by the Seller, who didn’t have the item as stated after I paid, but was then refund.

So if transactions are Cancelled, and nothing transpired other than as a Buyer, PayPal is debited and then a Seller credits my PayPal....what’s there to Feedback?

Down below is a sample screenshot  (no personal information is shown)....of an item Cancellation by me the Buyer that shows up as Awaiting Feedback for me to still fill in and submit.

In my opinion, once there is a Cancellation of an order, either it shouldn’t show up at all in the Awaiting Feedback’s list, or, the Feedback to submit should reflect choices having to do with a Cancelled item not choices as shown for a completed Buyers transaction, and item received.

I once tried to Feedback a Cancelled item by answering No on arrival, Neutral on experience, and just 1 star for description, shipping time, seller communication. And then I get a message from the Seller why did I do that?? It hurts their ratings.

My contention and reply was my view, that nothing in the feedback was applicable since no item was purchased, only cancelled. But since the cancelled item awaiting feedback had become a nag for me to be still present on my awaiting feedback’s list....I felt it was the only way to get that nagging non-event transaction off my awaiting feedback’s list. 

Hence currently I have 4 Cancellations on my awaiting feedback’s list, that are starting to nag me.

What to do?

Constructive opinions anybody?

4D7A8B3F-BF66-454A-817F-C81B778ABF68.jpeg

View Entire Topic

@uncle_penny_bags 

< Cancelled by me orders and refunded by the Seller >    

Don't give those sellers neutral feedback ... you're the one who cancelled the orders.  Either don't do anything at all and the reminders should disappear after sixty days, or do what I'd do:  Give the sellers a positive for good customer service.  Feedback isn't for rating only the product, but for rating the entire experience. 

You may think you cancelled those orders, but you didn't.  You couldn't.  You requested the sellers to cancel those orders.  They could have made life very difficult for you, but no, they just cancelled.  Give them positive feedbacks.  I suggest something like "Helpful and cooperative seller.  Great customer service."  Actually, if you search my feedbacks left for others, you'll find a couple similar to that. 

Ask a Question