cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I lose this auction??

Ebay screwed me last night imo..

I was trying to put in my max bid and it wouldn't take it. The numbers kept disappearing (yes disappearing) I searched Google and others have had the same issue.

I called Customer Service also because It looks like I had the last bid to the second and won, but guess not. Auctions start and end at the EXACT time as they say... It could have been an issue bidding in the last few seconds or from the bids screen where the max bid option is there. I've read where others have had this weird issue like I had when entering in amounts the #'s vanish. This is how I won  another item a couple days ago though.

Lesson learned hopefully there is a max bid option on the main bidding page or maybe i'll try the max bid with 30 seconds left instead of 5 🙄😩

Capture.JPG

View Entire Topic

You lost because they bid more.  It is not the last bid that wins, it is the highest bid and it can be placed anytime during the auction.  You talked about a max bid.  That is what you should do.  Bid your maximum amount as late in the auction as your are comfortable doing.  EBay will only use enough of your max bid to keep you one bid increment in the lead.  So if your max is 300 but the next highest bid is 200, you will only pay one bid increment over $200.  Of course, if someone bids more than you, you lose, but they paid more than you were willing to so who cares?

Ask a Question