cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay invoice. Item does not ship to my location.

Hello!

After browsing Ebay for nesting dolls, a seller sent me a discount offer on one of their items for "showing interest". But the item information said my country is in the shipping exclusions. I'm in Mexico, the seller is in Russia. Before accepting the offer, I contacted the seller to ask about the shipping and he esponded there's no problem shipping to Mexico - even told me the amount it'd be. So I accepted the offer and requested the total for the shipping. The seller sent me an invoice with the shipping fee added, but trying to pay only shows me the error message that the item does not ship to my location. Did the seller made a mistake when generating the invoice he sent me?

I already contacted the seller to let him know, included screencaps and all. Then I contacted ebay customer support and it wasn't helpful at all. They gave me the option of changing the address (which I can't do), or to ask the seller to "make a personalized invoice".  

So I went requested a new invoice from the seller. The next day he replied to the message I sent before requesting the new invoice. He said he made a new listing with "world-wide shipping", so that I could try buying the doll there, but the same shipping exceptions are still there. Despite this, the purchase I'm not allowed to pay hasn't been cancelled by the seller. He even sent a new offer for a different doll... that also excludes my country from shipping.

I'm pretty new to ebay and only have two purchases. In my previous purchase from a different seller the situation was similar, but I didn't have a problem paying the invoice then. I don't want to be annoying pestering the seller with messages, Our timezones are very far apart so I understand that the response time will take at least 1 day, but I'm also worried the purchase will be automatically canceled or that I'll get a case opened against me/strike for not paying. I don't want the seller to think I'm trying to scam him either. I'm getting pretty worried because I really want the dolls and the seller seems pretty good, he has been very attentive to my messages.  We're communicating in English, but I'm not sure if there's still a language barrier factor going on. I didn't want dealing with me to become such a hassle, but I'm not sure what to do now.

The item I want to buy is - 294101558757

The new listing the seller made trying to help me is - 294115174122

I browsed the forum for similar situations. Found a few possible solutions to mention to the seller later on, if the problem persists. But I wanted to post this to see if there are any suggestions for this particular case.

Any insight, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This text is so long already, even just reading it through is appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question