cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1

Is the ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1 good for small sheetmetal jobs running on 110v? Has anyone had any problems with this product? If yes, please list/describe. Thank you. I was thinking of using one to weld 20-22 gauge sheetmetal for rust restoration on a vehicle, but I have no generator, so I planned on plugging into a 110v 20 amp circuit breaker outlet. I am a novice/beginner welder needing some information thanks again.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I'd like to know the answer to that also, I'm only guessing when I say, I beleave the pulg is all that needs changed, when I ask the one I bought the welder off of they said it was ready to go, but with a 120 plug you can plug it into 220, I again guessing that it's wire so that when you swich it from 120 to 220 that it convertsthe brown from negative to hot when useing 220, back to negative when swiching back to 120, it's cofusing, hoe this might help in the same boat

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

This info is for the 120 Volts three plug connection.

I have the manual that came with the welder.
The Ground is correct but your hot and negative(neutral) are reversed.
As far as my BX1-250c1 instruction from the manual the ground is same as yours.
Ground Wire - Green with Yellow stripe.
Hot wire (also called Live) - Brown
Negative (also called Neutral) - Blue.
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

This might help to explain the difference between 120V  and 220V.

If your outlet (plug) is a 120V, the welder will not use it as a 220 Volts.

The Electrical pannel connection for a 120V and 220V are very different.

One Hot (live) wire in this case the Brown is 120V only. (Blue is the Nutral)

Making the Blue also a Hot (live) wire depends on your outlet (wall plug) The outlet is either a 120 V or a 220V it can not be both.

You will probably need a 50A fuse for the 220 volts. When using this type of connection go to Home Depot and ask someone in the elecrical department that KNOWS about elecrtical conections to give you a 220V 50A Plug and connector for the welder.

And I believe a 30A for the 120V.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

https://zavax.wordpress.com/tag/power-cord-plug-wiring/

In the video disregard the screw comment at the 44 Seconds mark.
If you pay close attention the 120V and 220V selector points towards the TOP.
So 120V is on the Left and 220V is on the right. From the factory it is set to 220V, since the screw is on the right. This will not allow you to switch to 120V.

If you want to use the 120 V you must move the screw to the left. This all owes the indicator that points towards the TOP to be moved to the LEFT for 120V outlet (plug)
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

change out your circiut breaker in your main panel for from a 20a breaker to a 30a breaker switch and your good to go.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

go to your main electric circuit breaker box panell remove the panel and remove the 20a breaker and put a 30a breaker switch in place of it and your good to go . also if you plan on a 220 connection theres away to do that to on you tube with 2 seperate 110 power sources pluged into it as well kinda like a pig tail wireing into a connection on your welder wireing you would use the brown and the blue for a 110v poiwer to one blue wire then a another seperate 110v power source going to the brown wire just cut the white wire source away from the 2 110v seperate power source and then make a connection box  its all on youtube bro just watch the video there it easy and explains all china and europian built welders to better sources of 110v/220v have a nice day.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

DUDE CHANGE THE BREAKER IN YOUR MAIN ELECTRICAL FUSE BOX FROM A 20A TRIP BREAKER TO A 30A TRIP BREAKER AND THAT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

O' AND FOR A 220A  NOT 240

BUT A  220A IS WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW IS EASY ON YOUTUBE TO MAKE 2 110V FROM SEPERATE TRIP BREAKERS WORK AS A 220V ON TO WELDER WIREING THIS WELDER WAS MADE TO DO BOTH BUT YA YOUTUBE SHOWS A EASY SIMPLE WAY TO DO THIS HOOK UP . I LOVE IT. DOES EVERYTHING I NEED IT TO DO.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

O' AND FOR A 220A  NOT 240
BUT A  220A IS WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW IS EASY ON YOUTUBE TO MAKE 2 110V FROM SEPERATE TRIP BREAKERS WORK AS A 220V ON TO WELDER WIREING THIS WELDER WAS MADE TO DO BOTH BUT YA YOUTUBE SHOWS A EASY SIMPLE WAY TO DO THIS HOOK UP . I LOVE IT. DOES EVERYTHING I NEED IT TO DO.
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

OK MAN CHANGE THE 20A TRIPER BREAKER IN YOUR BREAKER ELECTRICAL BOX BY REMOVING THE PANEL FROM OFF THE BREAKER BOX PULL THAT **bleep**  20A TRIPPER BREAKER OUT AND PUT IN A 30A TRIPPER BREAKER IN ITS PLACE AND THERE YOU HAVE IT . NO MORE ISSUES FOR YOU 

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

OK MAN CHANGE THE 20A TRIPER BREAKER IN YOUR BREAKER ELECTRICAL BOX BY REMOVING THE PANEL FROM OFF THE BREAKER BOX PULL THAT **bleep**  20A TRIPPER BREAKER OUT AND PUT IN A 30A TRIPPER BREAKER IN ITS PLACE AND THERE YOU HAVE IT . NO MORE ISSUES FOR YOU 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

ANOTHER WORDS YOUR 220V FROM OUTLET THATS WIRED TO YOUR BREAKER HOUSE PANEL BOX IS TO PUT OUT TO YOUR WELDER BUT IF YOUR USING TWO 110V POWER OUTLETS FROM THERE OWN SEPERATE BREAKERS THEN YOU CAN MAKE THAT WORK TO JUST CUT OUT THE WHITE WIRE AND USE THE POWER SOURCE WIRES TO CONNECT TO YOUR WELDER WIRE COLOR CODE BROWN POWER WIRES TO BLACK WIRE BLUE  WOULD ALSO BE USED AS THE SAME POWER FEED BLACK TO THAT ONE AS WELL AND THERE YOU HAVE IT 220 GOING TO YOUR WELDER . AND ITS LEGAL 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

I would not recommend people violating the National Electric Code by upsizing a circuit breaker without first upsizing the electrical wiring at the same time.

A 30 amp breaker requires 10 gauge wire, the wire to an existing 20 amp breaker will only be 12 gauge, when a fire starts in the walls or attic and it is found that the breaker was changed your homeowner's insurance will become void.

This topic is almost 3 years old, the last time the original poster logged in was over a year ago. He either bought a real welder by now or has read the manual and found out these Arksen's only have a 10% duty cycle meaning they can only be operated for one minute out of every 10 minutes.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

get some 1/8 6013 they run great or 1/16 6011 but the get hot

Message 30 of 34
latest reply