cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a clue why DAWN AND VENGEANCE by Julie Keitges is worth over $10,000.00 USD?!?

Okay, I'm totally stumped on this one:  several months ago, I picked up a Good Minus copy of the Avon paperback original DAWN AND VENGEANCE, by Julie Keitges (Avon 83691, First Avon Printing, June, 1983).  I probably paid less than $1.50 USD, planning on turning it over for a very small profit to my "horror" audience.  

Today, while planning to list it, I checked prices both on AddAll and Amazon, and was dumbfounded to see listings beginning at over $9000.00 (except for one book store, that had it listed for $5.00 USD).  There are NO copies on eBay, and only one on Amazon (for over $10,000.00 USD), and only six on AddAll, beginning with two $5.00 listings (listed twice at the same store), and then 4 other listings beginning at over $9000.00 USD.

What gives with this book?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anyone have a clue why DAWN AND VENGEANCE by Julie Keitges is worth over $10,000.00 USD?!?

I think it's part of the pricing program by mega-listers.  Instead of closing out a sku, they slap a sky high price on books out of stock. Occassionally you'll have a novice seller come along and see the sky high price, think they've struck it rich and list theirs for ten dollars less.

I don't see anything about the book or author to make it worth more than the appropriately priced five dollar copy.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Maybe the seller mistakenly meant to list the book as $9.00 and not $9,000.00. If you are curious, feel free to message the seller.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am not sure if any (unsigned) Avon titles of the last 40 years can break the four figure mark.  I'd love to be wrong though.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It wouldn't sell even listed at $9.00, so why don't list it at above $9,000? There may be an accidental Mexican drug lord who decides to launder some money on this bookSmiley Very Happy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sure would motivate the only guy out there claiming to own it to go and find one, wouldn't it?

If it's not such a place holder, then you need to find out if there is something about the author that might warrant the price. Did she give birth to an Alien? A terminator? Was she one of Trump's silenced bimbos?

Or list it for $50.00 and see if you sell it fast to the guy who has it listed at 10 grand. And check his listing about an hour after your listing goes live.

That will tell you if it is a pricing program.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm in agreement with dreambooks, someone needs to launder some money!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply