satnrose
Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

A. W. Upfield, The Mystery of Swordfish Reef. Never heard of it, but obviously others have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29228&item=5209382971&rd=1
Message 676 of 1,978
latest reply

diademglobal
Enthusiast
The copy of "The Wonderful Fashion Doll" mentioned earlier ended with 16 watchers, 19 bids by 8 different bidders and selling price of 108.00 and a very happy winner. I must have shuffled that book to the back of the line a hundred times before I ever thought to look it up.

Now on to "Only A Dog" by Bertha Smith, seems to command a high asking price at other venues. I did end up reading the book, the first pages hooked me. A very moving story that I thought to be very well written.

Message 677 of 1,978
latest reply

Sales Closinng Techniques by Les Dane

Field guide to japanese birds

Underwater dance photography - May not qualify as looks like nothing but you might not guess the actual value,
Message 678 of 1,978
latest reply

What can you tell us
About this book

little drohan annie
big little books very old ...

It looks like nothing
???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7986691031
Message 679 of 1,978
latest reply

timetraveler7
Enthusiast
This one just ended tonight and shocked me..... I thought it might bring $50-$100, but never expected this result.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29223&item=6544866496
Message 680 of 1,978
latest reply

timetraveler7
Enthusiast
I forgot to list the title for the above link:

1950 First Printing of EMILY OF DEEP VALLEY by Maud Hart Lovelace (author of the Betsy-Tacy series) - It sold for the unbelievable sum of $504.99.
Message 681 of 1,978
latest reply

timetraveler7
Enthusiast
Here's another Maud Hart Lovelace title that recently sold for quite a bit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6536398805
Message 682 of 1,978
latest reply

Love the description on the Orphan Annie book...

this book is very old i think all the pages or here i do not no if can be restord are not but i think it can . but it is so old i think iwood not.

Well someone thought thinks its worth 2,000
www.tigercreek.org

Halloween countdown banner
Message 683 of 1,978
latest reply

thought/thinks oh my I have acquired dyslexia
www.tigercreek.org

Message 684 of 1,978
latest reply

hamptonbooks
Enthusiast
It's a mystery to me why someone would bid $26 for a softcover Bubble Bubble by Mercer Mayer in very used condition. Item #7985271601
The buyer question during the auction was who published it - even though I said Troll in the description. Inside the cover it says "Packaged by John Sansevere". Anyone know if there is something special about him? I feel bad taking this much money for a beat up book, especially if it's another teacher using her money to buy classroom supplies.
Message 685 of 1,978
latest reply

Never feel guilty, maybe the bidder really really wants it and doesn't care how much they pay.
www.tigercreek.org

Message 686 of 1,978
latest reply

Dear and Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell - an easy $25 in an old crappy paperback edition. Easy to find, too. And The Turbulent Years - just sold one for almost $100. It's a thick old trade paperback subtitled History of the American Worker, by Bernstein - definitely looks like nothing. By the way, I'm still wondering about Underwater Dance Photography (mentioned above) - is the dance part underwater, or the photography part, or what? What is underwater dance? (I used to be a ballroom dancer, but always on dry land!)
Message 687 of 1,978
latest reply

bszafranski1
Enthusiast
Hey all,

I'm very new here, but I do have one question.

After having gone through about 1/3 of this thread, I still haven't found my answer.

Are ex-lib technical manuals worth anything? No, I don't have anything, but I am planning on going to one of the FOL sales nearby, and just thought I might keep an eye out.

Thanks,
Bryan.
Message 688 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Most are too old to be usable
and not old enough to be collectible.
Message 689 of 1,978
latest reply

bszafranski1
Enthusiast
Thanks Santrose.

Any suggestions for a first-timer?

I know what I'll be looking for to go with my collection, but any general stuff for re-sale?

Bryan.
Message 690 of 1,978
latest reply