1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

satnrose
Guide

satnrose
Guide

Tasha Tudor

Her best books are tiny. Keep an eye out for "Pumpkin Moonshine".
Message 47 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Message 48 of 1,978
latest reply

catherinejeanne
Enthusiast
WOW! Satnrose this thread has been a real wealth of information - thank you. Here's one - Eighteen Straight Whiskeys by Michael Easton.

I bought 2 copies of this cheapo paperback for $9.00 a couple of years back. Great poetry! Guys a soap star now on ABC's Port Charles. I'm not into soaps (much rather read) but turns out this book is now in BIG demand because he's this hotty soap star in Hollywood ....*SMILE* Saw one go yesterday on Amazon for $200.00 in used condition. Today there are 26 people on Amazon just waiting for a copy. I have a mint one on auction on eBay and it's at over $100.00 as we speak. you just never know!

I'm guessing on this one it's probably a small window of opportunity, but hey the poetry really is great!

Message 49 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide

txweiss
Enthusiast
are you saying these are valuable books that look like nothing or that they are nothing books going for too much on ebay?
Message 51 of 1,978
latest reply

txweiss   I think they are talking about books that many people would pass up at book sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc. because the subject matter looks boring or the author is not a well-known "big name" writer. There are many people out there with narrowly defined interests looking for particular books by certain authors. These books are hard to find so when one becomes available, the buyers bid with enthusiasm.

This thread has been very helpful in identifying some of these highly coveted titles and their authors.
Message 52 of 1,978
latest reply

aaana
Thrill-Seeker
...and I for one wish I had seen it earlier, especially about " Tasha Tudor", my book already had a bid on it when I saw this , so I will have to just let it ride -- LOL --- another helpful thing learned tos use later.
Message 53 of 1,978
latest reply

tradervic4u
Enthusiast
Are These Books Listed in Any "book price guides"? I cant Find em in My Huxford's Old Book guide
Lee
Message 54 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
tradervic4u: It's impossible to keep trade secrets on the Internet. So we might as well share...
Message 55 of 1,978
latest reply

One of the "Security Analysis" listed is mine. Funny timing that this post should be up now.

It was pure luck. I usually pick up books that are cheap that have "analysis" in the title! LOL. The more specific and technical sounding the better as far as my sales generally (selling most on Half and locally - not eBay as much).

I'm a novice scout, so I probably waste time on a lot of useless books for "educational purposes".

Message 56 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide

I don't know how to do the links, but I just saw one that surprised me, an ex-library, 1973 hardcover, looks like a skinny little book of the "kinda crummy" variety we see at library sales ALL the time...about puppetry and marionettes. It got $67. Is puppetry "hot"?

keziak
Message 58 of 1,978
latest reply

b_o_o_k
Enthusiast
A good rule of thumb is that any uncommon non-fiction book that is well written on a specific subject is 'hot'.
Message 59 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide