cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie Babies Advice

Hi guys! A friend has asked me to list some beanie babies his mother had collected before she passed. I have done some research and I believe he has some really rare and valuable ones.  I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before listing. I don't want to mislead my buyers or short-change my friend.  I would love it if someone with more experience could share some wisdom. Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Beanie Babies Advice

Could you take some pictures for us?

That would help us out.

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

20220303_064022.jpg

20220303_063754.jpg

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

20220303_064241.jpg

20220303_064107.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

You can search sold items.  But be careful.  A lot of the high price sold items are from new users and I doubt the sale went through.  BB really don't have much of a value now.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

@ryvoe_76,

I'm sorry to give you bad news, but Beanie Babies are not valuable any more, none of them. The market crashed years ago.

You may see "news reports" on the internet, saying that there are some that are still valuable, but those are false social media reports, creating a false impression of value, so that scammers can try to cheat hopeful sellers, who don't know the real value. They are preying on sellers who may be desperate.

You may see some "sold" listings for high prices, but they don't actually get paid for. They are just a setup for the scammer to try to start a scam where they try to convince the seller that they have received payment, but they don't actually pay. They send very convincing (but fake) payment emails, that say the seller needs to provide a tracking number before the "payment" will be deposited into their PayPal (or other) account.

Most of the time, they will try to get the seller to also include a gift card for a few hundred bucks, which is what they're really after, because they know the small plush toy isn't worth anything.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

@ryvoe_76 

I do not actually know very much about beanie babies but I would say look at sold listings.

Also it seems like they are not worth very much and the sold listing may just mislead you.

I would suggest asking your friend how much he wants for them and then listing them for that price.

That way if you are selling it cheap its not your fault.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

Leave It To Me
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

Thank you. I found that some of these bears have errors like the ones described on some of the other listings.  Is this something I should be paying attention to?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

Thanks! I appreciate all the help I can get!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

Are you looking at for sale prices or sold prices?  Very different numbers.

And how much money will you charge if you are paying almost 13% on the item, the shipping and the sales tax?   How much more do you think you want?   I always want 100%.

It may  be easier/cheaper (for them) to teach them how to list.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies Advice

Thanks. I have had my share of other types of scammers but haven't seen that one yet. I will keep that in mind. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply