Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell all my beanie babies

I want to sell all my beanie babies

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

OK.  Are you registered to sell on eBay?

Have you checked "Sold" similar listings on eBay to get an idea of what the market is?

You may get an unpleasant surprise.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@allkn-63 

Recently there has been a flood of individuals offering to sell their Beanie Babies on eBay.

But that craze died out at least 15 years ago.

Beanie Babies were a manipulated "collectible" -- meaning that they were falsely advertised as being a terrific future investment item, worth their weight in gold.

They aren't.

They were mass produced in the tens of thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) by poor, underpaid and overworked employees in third-world countries; then shipped back to the United States and marketed as "instant collectibles" to a very unwary and gullible crowd of buyers, who seriously believed that these little stuffed toys were solid investment strategies.

They aren't.

Check the eBay listings -- there are page after page after page of unsold (and unwanted) Beanie Babies, most of which can be purchased at any thrift store or flea market or garage sale for less than $1.00 each.

The only way that Beanie Babies will ever grow in value, is if 99% of the current available inventory is deliberately burned up and destroyed.

And I'll even volunteer to strike the first match.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Well to me there worth something regardless of this storyline you had mentioned me in thanks for the information but I'm still gonna sell my beanie babies 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don't base my own decision on what others have on here that's why I don't sell on eBay really because too many people have different prices but thank you for the information but I'll continue what I feel like works for me 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@allkn-63 

If you don't sell on eBay, why are you trying to sell your Beanie Babies on the eBay Community Boards?

By the way -- it's a violation of eBay policies to offer to sell items on the eBay Community Boards.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Look don't be rude or all in my business thank you good bye

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Don't know what kind of price you think you'll get, but they don't sell for much anymore.

I've sold a few for $10 and free shipping and it took a couple years to sell those.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@allkn-63 

"Look don't be rude or all in my business thank you good bye"

Being honest is not being rude.

If you ask questions on the eBay Community Boards,   you'd better expect direct answers -- which is what you've been receiving from several of us.

We aren't going to sugar-coat the fact that the Beanie Baby market is overinflated with inventory, the vast majority of which was artificially manipulated by the owner of the company  decades ago -- and now many of the "investors" from years ago are finally attempting to empty their closets and storerooms -- and a large number of those "investors" seem to think that eBay is a prime market for overvalued stuffed animals.

If you don't wish to listen to us, there are plenty of other sites which will tell you the same thing -- and in much more brutal detail, with facts and figures.

But don't offer to sell your items on the eBay Community Boards -- it is considered a violation of conduct.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply