Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

♥ Playtime ♥

Thanks Sallie.  The little stuff is what takes so long to come by.  Have to look in a lot of different places and keep your eyes open.  Some items will be in lots and have to sort through a lot 'stuff' to find a few neat things.

Debra, you snuck in on me.  Pictures are slow posting again; sometimes wonder if they will even go.  ~~ Alll the details is what makes playing so much fun.  I can't believe i was going to thrash the cardboard house!!  TNT's bath and Commuter's kitchen are from the same house.......the house I call the 'Foreclosure House'.  Had to do a lot of 'deconstructing' and 'reconstruction' with it.  It had 3 floors, but ripped the top floor off and made a roof patio.  Then I needed a place for the beach house, so I set in atop the Foreclosure house...Smiley Very Happy

I'm trying to remember where I found the placemat.  I bought it not too long ago and was not looking for a placemat at the time.  I just happened to walk by it and all the bright colors caught my eye.  The flipside has design too, but is far less colorful.  It was either Walmart or Target.  I have used other types of placemats too for the dolls.  Woven ones work well for large area rugs. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2176 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Another thing I just thought of......refrigerator magnets and erasers!  Years back, refrigerator magnets was a great place to look for miniatures.  The items in my pictures:  Old fashioned radio, boom box, food processor, toaster oven, coffee maker with pot, and skillet with lid are ALL magnets!  Even the little beer cans in some other dioramas, were from a magnet that I cut apart.  I still keep checking, but I guess they don't make stuff like that any more.  Some of my baked goods and even the bowl of ramen, are erasers.  Have to be careful with some of them because they will come apart as are made in pieces.   I imagine the only place to look for items like the magnets, would be flea markets.  I also have a clothes iron for Barbie(fits the tonners better)that is a magnet.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2177 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Since we have been on the topic of miniatures, I decided to go to one of my favorite flea/antique markets today.  Decided to take my time to see what I could find and by golly, I did find something!!  The little grandfather clock, stove, and cutting board were together.  Couldn't believe I scored this Hallmark from 2000!  The box is in good shape and the tiny Barbie inside was still there too.  I have wanted to find an ornament like this for a very long time!

Miniaturefinds.JPG

Isn't that little stove just the cutest?!  Not sure what the little black tray that pulls out is for...would that have been to catch droppings?  Nothing else opens.  The pendulum on the clock is moveable.   Unfortunately, the knife was loose in the cabbage and when I tried to clean it, it was so brittle it broke into several pieces. 

Message 2178 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Oh too bad about the knife!!!  the cutting board is perfect for Babrie..  and the little tiny antique stove..  wow what do you think it was designed for?  Maybe a smaller scale doll house ???  Score on the Hallmark Ornament-  Love it!!!  now we need to see the tiny Barbie Smiley Tongue

Here is an Olympic competitor from the 1970s...  She ready to watch the events in Rio,,,

IMG_0059.JPG

Debra
Message 2179 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

and the oh so faux side part American Girl  in a repro Gold N Glamour

IMG_0060.JPG

Debra
Message 2180 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

The little stove, clock, and cutting board are all kitchen magnets.  Don't know what I'll do with the clock and stove.  At any rate, I love the little stove.  Not sure if I will put it in the little Fairy Cottage I have.  If I do, won't be able to see the stove unless open the roof to look inside.  Guess it will have to be a toy for Barbie.

Barbie looks good as an Olympic competitor.  Love her holding the flag.  I have that suit, but it is on the Mego Wonder Woman right now.  I think you can see it in the pic I posted of the de-boxed Harley Ken.

Gold N Galamour is one of my favorites.  I have the repro AG with that outfit.  Really need to dig her out again and put on display.  At least she's not getting dusty.  Your faux side part looks so pretty in the G N'G outfit.  Her hair color matches so well.  I just love AGs and wish I had more of them.  Only have one real AG and several Repros.

Message 2181 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

You've inspired me to get back to setting up my next diorama. Be back soon!

Message 2182 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Oh, that is good news to hear!  I hadn't done it for a long while either and it took someone else to inspire me.  That's how it works.  We're all in this together Smiley Happy

Will be looking forward to your photos.

Message 2183 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Superstar enjoys a beverge by the pool

DSCN4973.JPG

DSCN4977.JPG

Debra
Message 2184 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Oooo having a pool party!  Having a pool would be nice.....

That is a neat looking pool and patio!  I have never seen that before.  Is the box in the back ground?  What year is it?

Pretty brunette swirl!  I like the mod Kens, I think they are pretty nice looking.

Superstar is a pretty Barbie too I think and yet seems so many don't like her.  I like her SS cover.  Is she having a Blue Hawaiian?

I also see you have one of the big poodles!  They are pretty cool too. 

Cool photo 🙂

Message 2185 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Forecloshower.JPG

Still working on the Foreclosure House.  I need to add a little curtain or something to that window in the shower.  I decided since wasn't going to be using the dumbwaiter that would turn it into a shelf unit for all of Barbie's towels and bath beads.  Next photo is the other half of this bathroom.

The pink circular area in front of sink is press plate for music.  Red button at sink is for hair dryer sound(light also comes on), button to left of mirror is for Barbie to sing along in the shower, and red bow is button for flushing toilet sound. 

Message 2186 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Forclosbathtb.JPG

I'm taking the pink chandelier out of there!!  The red plastic area where plant hangs down, used to be the elevator shaft.  I finally took the rest of that stuff out, put a 'floor' over the hole so could fit the tub in the bathroom better.  The plant looks neater than what this photo shows and the flash is too bright to see how light comes in from the 'shaft'...like a window of sorts.  The pink and blue furry rugs are Avon powder puffs.

Message 2187 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Forclosbedrm.JPG

Here is the bedroom that adjoins the bathroom.  The little pink wall with white cabinet and mirror are from a small barbie house that I took apart.  The cabinet does open and has shelves.  Needed something to separate the two rooms.  I need to finish it off just a bit better I think.  MTM has been playing with the little doll house. 

Message 2188 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

Umbrella.JPG

Neat umbrella I found.  It works like a real umbrella.  Not sure I like it there to stay, but it works for now.

Message 2189 of 9,230
latest reply

♥ Playtime ♥

TreatsFan.JPG

The girls are going to have some fudge and popsicle sticks to cool down with.  They got a new fan too.  It does work as have used it here at the desk Smiley Happy

Message 2190 of 9,230
latest reply